Y&R April 2019 Discussion Thread

• Members

THIS

I just said in the spoiler thread that while I'm sure Jess loves her semi-retirement, Jill NEEDS to be on regularly. Period. And NOT fawning over Cane. Lawd. Both Jill and Traci wasted on this man. No thanks. Jess must be thrilled she's around to be jealous of Cane confiding in Traci. RUN JESS RUN! 

Edited by KMan101

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Ok

Wrong! KSJ went on record more than once to complain how he had to play supporting to CK and DG. He did not like it himself. He thought that he, and Neil, earned better. He'd be proud of me for pointing this out for the world to see. He outright asked the Hevon fans on Twitter to fight for all Black actors the way they fought for BJ/Devon and MiM/Hilary. It was never personal for him. That was business. Doesn't mean he didn't love CK and DG. 

• Members

It's absolute BS they haven't offered the moon to Victoria Rowell. How can we get Steve Kent fired? 

Please register in order to view this content

Tonya should still be on the show. It's crap she's not around too.

Y&R doesn't seem to know Justin exists ... he's in his B&B bubble.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Cane is a total waste. He needs to be axed. Why they cling to him I'll never understand. With Nate and Devon, you DO NOT need Cane being the lead of the show's African American family. It's BS.

Very few on here personally attack DG. He does indeed seem like a very nice guy but he plays to his fanbase. I can't fault him, a lot of stars do. While I like many actors as people, it doesn't mean their character is anyway needed.

Cane's the lead of the Barber/Winters clan. He's basically the lead of the Chancellor clan as Billy sticks in his Victoria orbit ... I'm SO tired of Cane. I've never cared for the character (only during the Juliet story did I start to come around, but then of course it all went to hell)

Like a lot of us agreed on, they missed the boat basically making Cane a Brad 2.0. 

And the Lily/Cane breakup feels hollow. They should have split up a LOOOOOONG time ago over many other things. (Actually, I'd have NEVER paired them)

Edited by KMan101

• Members

It was a no brainer to make her a fixture of GC again when Jeanne Cooper passed away. We all know what Jess Walton got to do the last couple of years instead. Still shocking that we have to thank JFP to convince JW to return in the first place (on this ridiculous low recurring capacity).

• Members

No other character in Y&R's history went from buffing nails to the boardroom.  Jill Foster Abbott was what the American dream (from what American lore likes to promote itself as being) is supposed to embody.  When JW was committed to a full-time schedule, she should have been running Chancellor and competing with and collaborating with the likes of Abbott and Newman Enterprises, instead of those silly storylines like the horrible music box storyline and being saddled with Colin.  Now I doubt JW trust TIIC at Y&R/Sony enough to commit to anything beside the occasional appearance.

VR seems a bit more receptive to a return or perhaps she doesn't want to say anything to put a damper on fans' hopes.  The best time to have brought Drucilla back would've been when Yolanda/Harmony and Neil were getting close and Sarge was on the canvas. If ever there was a reason for a good ole' amnesia storyline, that would've been it!  Drucilla (under a different name) could have been Sarge's wife, living in an adjacent town until one day...there were so many different possibilities to flesh that one out and two big time "supercouples" in a story like that?!  Unfortunately, that will never happen.  

• Members

Just watching Friday’s episode, and I like how they’re playing Lily’s inability to put on the brave, happy face. Sometimes soaps go overboard with the “let’s celebrate the departed character’s life” cheerfulness.

Loving the flashbacks so far.

• Members

Personally I was very moved by the song that Ana sang...about the World Turning.  Or when it stops turning.  Which was a much better show all around.  Was glad for that acknowlegment. 

But you called out the white guy.  Instead of him playing supporting to CK.  ???