Y&R April 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It was nice. I loved them all grasping hands and Victoria made sure Christel was included in that and she (Christel) warmly smiled. It was nice to see.

So many folks on Twitter seem to be demanding or wanting Rowell back who fail to understand the actual reason she isn't on the show ...

EDIT: Also, I saw someone put up Monday's episode. Monday is my birthday and it's such a bittersweet gift to see Victoria Rowell on set and basically playing the matriarch she should be. I thought her touching the picture and then walking past Hilary, Devon, etc. was almost like they were all in character for just a brief moment and it was so nice. I really am so heartbroken over the reason she's been allowed ("allowed" how awful is that?) to come back but I'm still grateful to see Victoria Rowell on the Y&R set again (and I'm also glad to see the fans really pushing and reacting well to seeing Victoria Rowell again, Steve Kent is a horrible man)

I feel awful saying I'm happy seeing her when it's a somber and devastating occasion 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Wow, Monday’s episode is... perfect. Beautifully done, thoughtfully executed. Emotional, laugh-out-loud funny at times. Very probing as well. It makes you wonder how creative minds who can put together something so special could also be responsible for such an uninspired overall series. Then again, it shows how loved KSJ was, and that love made production rise to the occasion.

Such a shame we didn’t see Mishael Morgan and Victoria Rowell act opposite each other. There are simply too many “such a shame” situations regarding Y&R.

• Members

There is a LOT of beauty in the editing of Monday's show.  It seems almost haphazard and chaotic, but it's obviously carefully planned.  Loved the segment just before the opening, with Kristoff sitting in the GCAC set and saying, "Hi, people.   This is why y'all showed up.  You wanna know about this!"   The Jeanne Cooper tribute seemed very languid, deliberate, and slow-moving.   The Kristoff tribute seems enthusiastic and pumped full of energy and memories.    

• Members

I have to hand it to Shemar - he just slots back in perfectly and it never feels like he's been away for too long. No one else has that kind of charisma/personality on this show anymore. He really stepped up as the de factor head of the Winters clan. You could also see just how much he loved Kristoff and how grateful he is to both the show for giving him his start and for Kristoff's belief in him all those years ago. 

• Members

Y&R has such a dour cast that you could guzzle a couple Red Bulls and show most of them up. Of course, Shemar has become a beloved CBS primetime star, and he has the deepest history with KSJ aside from the “radioactive” VR, so it’s sensible they cede the stage to him for a few days. 

They really stepped up for Neil/Dru in a way I never thought they would, given Dru’s erasure from the show since VR left. I thought they’d do just enough to appease people, but they really let scenes flow, and I’m so grateful for that.

• Members

Monday's show is wonderful and poignant. Oddly, Jess Walton is who captured most of my attention. I really respect her presence. Eric Braeden's loving chuckle when proudly showing his goofy candid with Kristoff was sweet.

To see Victoria and Shemar, there aren't a lot of words. Having them both there seems so right.

And you're right. They absolutely stepped up for Neil and Dru. You can't help get a huge smile when you see their first meeting again -- pure soap, supercouple goodness.

• Members

The guy playing the new Nate has a great presence about him - it's too bad this show will never write consistently for a younger black man though. I hope they really develop that character and give this actor an opportunity on the canvas, but I'm not holding my breath. And yes, they need Tonya Lee Williams back like yesterday - other than Dru, Olivia was definitely the missing piece in these episodes. It's a shame she's never shared scenes with her adult son. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

Someone at the show was definitely trolling us with that little sequence of Victoria Rowell grabbing ahold of that photograph in today’s special tribute episode and then walking warmly towards Mishael, Bryson, Christel, and Daniel. It definitely felt like they were in character for a nanosecond. It almost felt like Dru was back to comfort her family for a moment.

• Members

Today's tribute show to Kristoff St. John was a very beautifully done tribute. Very lovely and well executed from the beginning to the end. I liked how they interwove his thoughts about being on the show, with his castmates thought about him and flashbacks of his character. Victoria Rowell brought a comforting presence to the show and you could see how much his castmates loved him. Mishael in particular was pretty emotional talking about him and so was Josh Morrow and Marla Adams. And you could see how much of an impact he had on the show and on his cast mates.

I really enjoyed seeing all of the flashbacks of him especially the ones of him and Dru. I also liked seeing the family flashbacks of him, Dru and Lily/Devon when they were teens and a family. 

Edited by xtr