Y&R April 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

One little moment I loved was when Mishael Morgan was talking about watching Neil and Dru on the show growing up and the pride in Victoria Rowell’s face as she said that.

Damn I wish we could’ve seen those two together on the actual show...

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

Eileen Davidson was pretty candid in a (long) video interview with Nelson Branco that her decision to leave last autumn was because she didn't wanna be tied-down to a full-time job anymore.    She added that if she'd been given better storylines, the decision would've been harder to make, but the decision still would've been the same.   She also said she'd be happy to pop in occasionally (non-contract) if the show needed her to.

She also said, when she was asked to return for the Jabot storyline and Kristoff's funeral, "I'm glad Josh took me up on my offer!"

(I think she has a better working relationship with Josh than with most of the others writers Y&R has foisted upon us in the past decade.   It was Josh's team who re-hired Eileen immediately after taking over from Lyn Marie Latham, who'd axed Eileen in 2007.)   

• Members

I haven't been able to watch the shows yet. My heart just isn't ready. But that's a nice moment. I find it interesting though. This is the first time that Mishael has ever mentioned watching Dru and Neil. She's said that Phyllis was her favorite character and wanted to play someone like her, Nick and Sharon her favorite couple, and has mentioned wanting to be a Newman on the many occasions she was asked whether she watched growing up. I had thought that maybe when she watched, it was after the prime of the Winters/Barber family. After all, Malcolm Winters was everyone's favorite. Is there a viewer that didn't love him?! 

Edited by ajsp35801

• Members

I think that brief little moment made VR feel the things she had been fighting for were not in vain and did have a positive impact on young people of color watching the show. She and Kristoff and that group of characters resonated more than she could have imagined. I’m glad Mishael got to speak from a fan’s angle for a bit and I know VR was proud that the show had at least one popular actress of color in Mishael since her departure (but we know how that turned out unfortunately).

• Members

I guess we’re in GT’s final stretch of episodes? I will give her a ton of credit for committing to the material, even when it’s usually crap and not letting her personal feelings impact her work. She made Phyllis a human again, which was refreshing.

I just hope Stafford doesn’t let her personal feelings impact the character or her work again as it did during the last several years of her last stint...

EDIT: Looks like this is GT’s last week of filming per her Instagram. I guess we have her for a few more weeks on-screen. Interesting to see so many Y&R cast and crew commenting on her post - she seemed very well-liked by most on the show.

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

Annnnd here we go..

4-22-19

Oh...so this is what's been going on since I regularly watched last (pre-Hillary death).

Abby opens a restaurant. 

Hmmm...seems like the Summer/Kyle/Lola triangle got a bit of traction. And that necklace scene with the tension was interesting.

So this is Mia. DON'T LIKE HER.

Awwww at Devon taking off the wedding ring.

Too many sequins.

ETA: ASHHLEEYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Taoboi