Y&R April 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

PB is so unlikable as Jack. The emergency board vote/meeting to oust Phyllis and make Jack CEO was dumb as hell.  Traci voted for one sibling over the other yet Ashleys own daughter couldn't vote for her own mother....makes zero sense.

The Ray and Sharon stuff was pure ff material. So many great actors unemployed yet soaps keep hiring Jordi Velasuso. 

• Members

I am looking forward to this month's episodes. A lot of storylines will be getting under way and interesting things will be happening. Tomorrow is Josh's first episode as sole Head Writer.

Also I am glad that Jack is back in the CEO seat of Jabot. Only him or Ashley should be running it, IMO. I am glad they got Phyllis out of that position. Also, I wish Alice Hunter the best. I did like her and Jack together. The Dominque Carroll thing felt like they kind of threw that in there to get her out of here and take Jack in another direction. I did like that she finally got to use her British accent though. 

• Members

Alice Hunter's character finally got to be interesting on her way out. Isn't that usually the case of actors being finally something interesting to act upon and now she's gone. I do wonder what was Mal's original plan for Kerry since it seem that it was something else. 

Everybody treating Ashley like she is Victor in the CEO office is ridiculous. She still has every right to be pissed at them. I'm glad they all acknowledged Phyllis never belonged in the chair of CEO. Of course Jack is back in charge. Can't wait to see how he screws up this time? He always takes onto too much which means Jabot will be in it's 400th peril by the end of the year. 

I would love it if they got the patent to Glow By Jabot with Billy revitalizing it for it's 20th anniversary. 

• Members

I kind of don't understand Ashley's motivations.  She already got all of their products when she left the first time around, so she plants someone to steal all of their new products again?  And Jack is CEO again -- CEO of what?  They don't have any products  What are they actually selling? 

• Members

I am glad that Michael and Lauren discussed Fen today. They mentioned he was working hard but seemed frustrated/unhappy with being on the tour and getting little money. And then Lauren mentioned that Michael and him hadn't really talked lately and that he thought that Michael sounded disappointed him. I wonder if the will end up returning.

I could see him ending up working for Lauren at Fenmore's if she's able to free the company from Jabot. Maybe her and Phyllis will end up getting the money together to buy Jabot's stake in it and will run it together. Fen could come work for her and that would add to the rivalry he has with Kyle. 

Also, I enjoyed hearing Jett and Ana sing. That was a nice scene. 

Archived