Y&R April 2019 Discussion Thread

• Members

She's just terrible. I watched her having nightmares of JT and then waking up to Reed and his horrific hair and I thought she was just awful through all of it. She's just such a lazy actress. She hasn't tried in a very very very long time. What on earth do people find appealing with her? 

I finally liked her when they let her play Victoria as an icy bitch. But that quickly got dropped and she's back to being a whiney, crying victim.

It's also a little much to have Billy ready to reunite with Victoria after all she's been through. Heaven forbid we let a character breath for a while and not rush them back into pairings. It just leaves me cold. It doesn't help I've never been a fan of Victoria and Billy. I wish the Tom siblings still played them because they would have never been paired romantically.

Edited by KMan101

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thank god someone pointed out the absolute lack of chemistry between Sharon and Rey. I was starting to think I was going crazy in seeing nothing there.

She really was very enjoyable during that brief period where she just a cold bitch.

• Members

Yep. I thought she had more antagonistic chemistry with Eileen Davidson in those few weeks when Victoria and Ashley were at war than she’d had sexual chemistry with any of her male co-stars, Billy Miller included. She was also good in those scenes where she broke into Tessa’s apartment and bullied her.

She should be the pent-up, stone-faced, vicious Cersei of Genoa City, which would actually be more in keeping with the character.

• Members

Agreed on both. I loved her being a cold bitch. She was much more believable. 

And nope. ZERO chemistry between Sharon and Rey. While I'm glad Sharon quit the PD and is back to pouring coffee (I'm still a little behind), I hated how it played that she quit for him and then gave him doe eyes like she was desperate to impress him or something. I thought it played terrible.

Bingo! It just works so much better.

I also didn't mind the Cane/Victoria sparring and their growing 'feud' ...

But it all went to hell and we're back to "poor Cane" and "poor Victoria". No thanks to either.

• Members

Other than the supermom bit the show tried to do with Victoria under SSM, I really liked how Victoria was portrayed during her rivalry with Abby, how it wasn't "poor Victoria", and Victoria actually acted like an [!@#$%^&*] to Abby on more than one occasion. 

• Members

I wonder what they will end up doing with the New Nate. He's handsome and I liked what I saw of him today. He looked good sitting next to Lola. 

Also, I didn't like Phyllis setting it up so that Kyle and Lola could possibly get together. Phyllis continues to do OTT the stuff that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I understand her wanting to protect her daughter, but trying to set/entice her husband to cheat on her, is just wrong and will even more hurtful to Summer. 

Also I wonder where they are going to with this gambling storyline. They had Sinead return, and Billy got in trouble gambling with her the last time he fell off the wagon, (Though he abstained from gambling today.) I also wonder if we will see Brandon again and who is this "Spider" guy, that is supposed to be Victor's hot friend, who attends poker sessions with him. I wonder if maybe he

Please register in order to view this content

And I wonder if Nick is sleeping with random women because he's still upset he can't be with Sharon. He did really go to great lengths to protect her from going away to prison. I like Sharon and Rey, but Nick did much more to help her go free than Rey did. I did like seeing him play cards with Nikki and Johnny/Katie today. Katie is so cute, I remember a scene she shared with Nick some weeks back when JT was hiding out in the walls at the ranch. I think it could be a good idea to let Nick focus on being a single father/supportive family member for a bit. He can support and help any family member that is in crises.

Edited by xtr

• Members

Amelia Heinle looks completely checked out of Y&R. Not sure what's going on with her BTS (not saying anything, but sometimes personal life can affect work), but these Vegas scenes did not do her well. The writing was nothing special, but Heinle fell consistently flat, it was sad to watch.

F Lola. She didn't want Kyle until he was with someone else. I hope some new guy comes to down and says he was Lola's first just to shut her up.