Y&R April 2019 Discussion Thread

• Members

— Another Genoa City restaurant with tiny tables that could never hold a full course meal for 2 people.

— That kitchen area off the main restaurant room: what the hell is that? It’s cramped and ridiculous. Maybe Abby should scream about that instead of yelling at Marco.

— Lola opens boxes of food in the dining area? Ok. Meanwhile, Tessa — who’s had 42 jobs in town — tries to calm her. I’m glad Lola’s makeup and lipstick are perfect, though. 

— Society holds a half dozen tables only, yet the entranceway is long and spacious with a red carpet. Uh...ok.

— No food, electrical problems, fire alarms, no crowd, blah blah blah. Haven’t we seen these “everything goes wrong” stories a million times???

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

+1

I really want Dina to be poisoned or something. She brings so much to the show. 

Rey might be more interesting to me if I didn't notice so much of the show being written to incorporate him. Is there a story coming for teriah or was that brick just so Rey can be useful for a day. Plus, I don't like him with Sharon. Something's off about the pairing IMO. Cringey. 

• Members

I don’t get what’s cringy about Sharon and Rey. They’re two great looking people who have sex. Cringy is Sharon with Victor.

Dina definitely needs to be rescued. And honestly, when we see young Dina, we should see the manipulative mean cold bit_ch that she was, not some pretty soft version. 

Josh Griffith needs a co-head writer. I’m glad Mal is gone, but I see warning signs. Today’s show didn’t work for me at all. The restaurant stuff was bad, and the Cane/Lily conversation didn’t resonate, either.

• Members

I abhor the "brain tumor fix," but I'll go along with that (or any other medical explanation) to save Dina from Alzheimer's.  Saddling her with that disease was a HUGE mistake on Mal Young's part.

• Members

Seeing the kyle/summer/lola story makes me wish Diane Jenkins wasnt killed off.  Imagine phyllis/diane working together to keep kyle/summer apart...but also having Diana cconflicted due to how badly lola mistreats kyle..and having Diane recall allowing herself to be a doormat for men in the past..and also how she threw away a good guy like Andy.  And advising both Kyle and Lola of her history as a way to deter them from repeating her mistakes, etc.   Oh well

• Members

i cant remember what it actually was but On DAYS they thought Caroline had what Dina has  but it wsnt, maybe they could have the same reveal for Dina

Wasnt it Sally's plan but she left before it played out?

Edited by John

• Members

No offense, Soaplovers, but seeing "Iola" instead of "Lola" had me thinking Iola Boylan from "Mama's Family" was suddenly living in GC and fighting Summer for Kyle's affections, lol.  (But, oh, how I wish it WERE Iola and not freaking Lola Rosales.)

Say, where IS Patty these days?

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Khan

• Members

Sets are important but I'd rather they spend the time and money on promoting other things than "hey look at our expensive new set"

I think it looks junky. Parts are nice. I just don't really care about it. Better than Nick's shithole bar though.

• Members

Right?? lol

And why are all the sets different shades of blue (like Sarah and Rex's apartment - or is that Eric's? I'm lost ... at least it's a different set to look at it, and familiar). And literally in the Brady Pub next week, Will, Sonny, Roman and Marlena are all wearing shades of blue.