Y&R April 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Even Y&R has gone downhill a tad (It sometimes feel like we see the same sets over and over and over and over again) but they still have WAY nicer sets. B&B seems to do well with their sets, you'd almost never know they probably don't have a budget either. 

Not sure why DAYS fails in this so badly. And yeah, it's bits and pieces. Daniel had a similar apartment and before that they were used a lot in the 90s when Sami, Austin and Carrie lived in those apartments. I imagine it's just both of them put together. Also reminds me a bit of Stephanie's apartment. At least it's 'different'. Why is Eve living in a hotel room?

I'm sick of the smaller HTS. Just make it a really nice park. That would have been a better tribute to Alice and Tom than a shopping mall. Also could use a break from Claire and Tripp and Ciara's apartment.

I think one of my biggest problems (apart from writing and casting) with the soaps in their last breaths, is that the sets suck. Sure there are some good ones. But the town no longer feels familiar anymore. GH is a mixed bag. GL was filming in a field. ATWT gutted a lot of their sets. AMC barely used any old sets ... those things matter. Not saying a set should look how it did in the 70s or 80s, but there should be a familiarity with the town. DAYS used to have Shenanigans, Blondies, Cheatin' Heart, Salem Inn, the Fish Market, Horton House, etc ... in the 80s. Salem Place in the 90s, Java Cafe, Penthouse Grille (later Tuscany/Chez Rouge) ... now it's a redone Cheatin' Heart posing as Doug's Place. Meh.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

The Ordway walk through of the Society set made it look good, but I don’t understand the usability of parts of it.

How often will that entrance way be used? The area near the bathrooms? The hallways? They look good, but I just don’t get it. Even that little kitchen area is not going to be filmed very often.

• Members

I'm sorry but they built this enormous (ugly, tacky) set for the dullest characters on this show, Devon, Abby and Lola. Three actors and characters that are walking, talking melatonin (Bryton James and whoever is playing Lola both sound like they're about to fall asleep, Melissa Ordway at least tries but even she's human dishwater). I don't understand their decisions at all.

• Members

On today's show, I enjoyed seeing Lily and Ana interact together. It also looks like they might try and do something romantic with Abby/Nate. The new Nate is very handsome and sexy. And I wonder what will happen to Summer now that Kyle wants a divorce. I wonder if she will end up pregnant and he'll feel obligated to stay with her, or if she becomes really vengeful after he goes back to Lola.

And the end scenes with Devon finding out about Neil were sad. I did like seeing him be there for Lily and supporting her while she learned the news.

Edited by xtr