• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

So now we have 'Jabot Collective'.

Jack sells the idea to Kyle,Summer and Traci in the living room in one scene.

There is no attempt to tell business stories with any semblance to reality.

Traci brought up some objection but quickly folded.

They could have got so much more out of this.

I know there's no budget for extras, but at least have reports being submitted, proposals etc Jack on the phone talking to various departments etc.

• Members

I’m seeing things that bother me, too — stuff I didn’t expect from a new writer stepping in.

Why was that P.I. that Phyllis hired using the biggest camera ever? Why didn’t anyone else notice it?

Why was Summer running all over town looking for Kyle? She eventually tried calling him, but she ran around for a long time before texting or phoning him.

Why was Summer going away on a vacation so soon after missing work for her transplant? Didn’t Victor have trouble with her planned honeymoon?

Why did Lola leave Kyle’s bed at the GCAC and go to the coffee shop by herself?

With Jabot in such disarray, why was Billy in Vegas? Why has Kyle done nothing but arrange transplants and sex meetings with Lola?

Why did Jack act like he won some huge business battle with Ashley and smile like a Cheshire cat? Ashley got $4M out of the idiot.

Why are we getting a COMPLETELY different explanation for Lola’s virginity? Even if we buy it, why is she so blasé about Summer, who just gave her a frickin organ?

What was the point of the montage with shirtless bored Nick with the dad bod?

Do better, Josh Griffith.

• Members

This.

He'll struggle long-term, IMHO, if he is indeed long-term.

Let's also not forget how dark DAYS got very quickly under him.

I'm very mixed on Griffith. But at this point anyone is better than Mal.

But let's not forget Griffith isn't some amazing savior. I feel like folks are thinking he's going to be the best ever. It's weird. We've had him before. And I for one can barely remember a thing he wrote. But the show needs 'safe' right now. He's middle of the road when he's solo.

Mal made Sally and Kay's stuff look Emmy award winning ... remember when everyone cheered their exits and we got Mal

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I know a lot of people cheered when Sally and Kay were fired, but I wasn’t one of them. I loved so much of what Sally brought back to the show, and while I did feel the need for more pop on occasion, that could have been accomplished without canning her.

Intead we got Mal, not only as HW, but as EP — too much for one person to do and too much power in one person’s hands. Any good that he did was SURROUNDED by and SUFFOCATED by his mess.

• Members

I agree. I LOVED Sally and Kay's writing. I didn't like all the new characters and the story was lacking, but the character development made it worth it IMO. Even though it was more character driven, I felt the episodes flowed so well. Mal I hated from beginning to end and so far I'm enjoying Josh. I have no illusions about his work having seen him on DAYS and Y&R previously, but I think he'll be fine to stabilize the show. So far I like the variety of characters featured and one thing he has over Sally is that I love the new characters so far. I'm basically in wait and see mode. I don't expect greatness, at this point I'm hoping for some good episodes and weeks lol. 

• Members

I like what I'm seeing from JG so far. The scenes seem richer and the characters more well-rounded. I really enjoyed Friday's episode, and I hope they take time to set up these stories. I like that Lauren is behind Jack now. I like that Phyllis plan isn't working. I like that Summer and Kyle are going to try and make it work. 

I'm quite enjoying the show again. 

Oh and why were the scumbag Rosales complaining about not getting what they want? They literally got EVERYTHING minute after coming into Genoa City. Like STFU

• Members

I have to say that while I'm not blown away by JG's writing so far, the dialogue seems better -- and the increased use of BM's Traci is a true delight.  I also think TM has made the show look better as the new executive producer.  The lighting seems less bright and fake, more organic.  Plus, having Victor's office set back on screen is everything.  Here's hoping the Chancellor Estate is next. 

• Members

It is nice to have Victor’s office back, although I did notice that Victoria’s house underwent ANOTHER renovation. Sorry, that place now looks cramped and isn’t worthy of an heiress.

Tony Marina has improved the show’s look, but little things get to me — like all the green in the park scenes with Traci and Cane. It’s frickin WISCONSIN, and they’re pushing it.

Speaking of Traci and Cane, please tell me those two aren’t going to have a romance. I love Beth Maitland, but that’s just not believable.

• Members

I just hope with this iteration of Adam back from the dead that when they're done with the character again or the actor decides to leave (whenever that is) - they just have him leave town.  I don't want another "Adam is dead" again.  Just send him out of town or kill him off for good when they're done this time.