Y&R April 2019 Discussion Thread

• Members

I watched today’s show in like five minutes. There simply wasn’t anything else that attracted my attention having not watched since February. Billy/Victoria/Victor? Summer/Kyle/Lola? Yeah, that’s not gonna do it for me.

For me, that sequence really showed how much Y&R’s directing/production has deteriorated in the past 15 years. They really would have sold the emotion of that dialogue-free years ago, just through camerawork and blocking. For me, the only part that cut through was CK/Lily convulsing in horror at the news. The rest just got lost in the extras at the party scene.

However, I’m more confident in the ability of the cast to carry this story, beyond just the real grief viewers feel for the tragic loss of KSJ. So I’m looking forward (if one can say that for episodes this painful) to scenes with dialogue.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Well, I’ll again be the voice of disagreement on today’s show. I thought it was really strong— good, different storylines that were paced nicely leading to an emotional tableau close.

Hunter King was great with really solid dialogue in her scenes with Kyle, and the Victoria scenes with Billy brought Victor back into Genoa City. The rest was a solid intro for Society, with a lot of extras making it all look real. 

The last few minutes of the show were powerful. Just really solid moments that were so respectful of KSJ and his legacy as Neil Winters.

Classic Y&R.

• Members

even though I did like the last few minutes, I feel that Devon's scene when he came downstairs and a moment later grasped Neil's clothes and let it go was very powerful. outside of Lily, the rest just seemed like they heard that the Blues had lost in the second round of the NHL playoffs, which is why I'm looking forward to today's show, because now we see how everyone who loved Neil will react.

• Members

In those last seconds I didn't need Abby to have a reaction. Hell, even Nate who is Neil's beloved nephew/godson should've had more of a reaction since how close they were. It did seem Traci was being Jessica Fletcher following Ana and Nate over to Lily and Devon and Co. I mean they couldn't get Jack or Ashley there to be the one that Traci talked to in silence about the death of Neil. I mean Sharon should've been there since she was good friends with Neil and Drucilla.  A friendship that I wished that TPTB remembered when Neil was still on the canvas. 

I cannot wait to see the rest of the character reactions throughout the coming the days as we continue to mourn Neil Winters and Kristoff St. John 

• Members

I strongly disagree!  Someone posted the last few minutes and I thought it was very well done.  Tracy was not stalking.  Member's of a family, she happens to know very well, pour into one area and all in distress.  It is unrealistic to think she shouldn't notice and walk over to see what's wrong.  I especially liked that she didn't intrude and kept her distance but was able to hear what was going on.  

• Members

One thing I will say about yesterday's episode, Kyle is a douche. He totally used Summer. I want her to get revenge and I don't even like summer. But she's better than that walking coma Lola, who at first couldn't accept a purse but can now be a mistress and accept necklaces.

• Members

I tweeted this yesterday, but I got a feeling when Kyle & Lola reconcile Summer is going to turn out to be pregnant with Kyle's child. I mean I don't see what else can stop them from having this reunion. Except for Lola's death, or if they do something insane like Summer faking a pregnancy or perhaps teaming up with her mother to get revenge on all of the Abbott men. 

Edited by Forever8

• Members

Wow just wow. After loosing both of my parents  this hits me a different way. And plus KJS was just everything and you can tell by the emotion. With the Actors. These episodes will be tough 

Edited by durk

• Members

Can we expect a catfight atop The stairs then? A classic soap trope! I'm honestly never tired of it. Summer tumbling and losing the baby, then Kyle feels obligated and guilty. Classic soap stuff

Please register in order to view this content

!