Y&R April 2019 Discussion Thread

• Members

Two minute clip on Twitter and I was completely done, slobbering all over the place.  Because I was not a Neil fan, I won't put myself thru that.  I am super happy that KSJ is now at peace, tho 

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I just watched the April 25th episode, and to say it was tough is an understatement. The ‘performances’ were so real, no ‘acting’ was required and it will tear your heart out.

I don’t usually get emotional watching soaps, but this one touched me in a way other such instances don’t.

Without giving anything away, Shemar Moore delivered almost 7 minutes of raw heartbreak and adulation that I find hard to believe was scripted.

• Members

I would suspect tomorrow's show would be better. I haven't been moved by either episode so far. I found the preview for Monday's KSJ tribute with VR speaking more moving than the actual episodes tribute. It seems to me so far that the actors are acting.....when MTS and EB came out on The Talk and other media shows .....it was more moving than the episodes shown so far.

• Members

They'd be so smart to do it now. Dru is the ONLY story that could cause the ratings to go up, not more of this bringing back Adam.

That episode was very moving. I forget the actor's name but the priest was excellent. He'd be a shoe in for a guest actor Emmy.

Shemar Moore and Gina Tognoni had a 1 minute long scene and immediate chemistry. I prefer Michelle as Phyllis but I do wish they could keep her on in some capacity.

Edited by Darn

• Members

Weirdly, Lexie Stevenson/Mattie of all people made me misty first today. Lots of good work today. Bryton always steps up when asked. Eileen and Christel were great. EB and MTS felt very much like they weren’t acting. I wish that we’d seen Neil/Jack flashbacks during PB’s scenes. I suppose we’ll get them later on, but it felt like a missed opportunity.

Again, soaps have abused death and near-death scenarios so often. When Abby mentioned her fear of losing her dad, I remembered that both Victor and Nikki were in comas in the past year, and it wasn’t even alluded to.

Oof. As great as Bryton was in that scene, Hologram Neil was a mistake. Yikes. Not good.

• Members

I remember how, (I want to say within the last year or so) Charlie had a conversation with Neil, where he was worried about Neil being around. He told Neil to take care of himself and that's he's not getting any younger. And then he gave Neil a hug, and it was a nice scene.

I believe it happened after something had happened to someone else, maybe it was when Victor was in his coma. I don't know if they will show it, but that's a flashback they could use while they are showing the family remember Neil.

• Members

Considering the efforts to use the classic cues lately I'm not sure why they didn't use any today... ? Either that or a jazz song would have made more sense than Tessa singing to end the episode. 

I'm very glad the episode focused mostly on the vets.  The emotion was so real. Bryton, MTS, EB, PB, and CG especially were great.

I liked seeing Devon take on the role of the patriarch, hiding his pain, but they didn't need to spell it out... he's a great actor, and it was understood.  The hologram would have maybe been ok if it flashed for two seconds, but it went on way too long, so unnecessary and cheap.

I'm sorry but I felt like Khalil's acting was kind of valley girl pouting... that was a very powerful scene about how Neil was having nightmares about something happening to her in prison, and she just sounded whiny to me and then stormed out like a teenage girl... I don't think she can carry the family.  I am glad that they wrote in that Neil got to see her get out, though.  It's almost like Neil has been troubled for a long time, but now that Lily is safe, he could go in peace.  IMO Cane was being creepy as hell trying to use Lily's pain as a way to get close to her after she soundly rejected him.  But very in character for him.

Hope they will mention Olivia's whereabouts during the funeral. I assume they'll say she's doing Doctors without Borders or something.

• Members

I found myself getting emotional during the episode. It was obvious he was well-liked on set, and the actors were not acting. Those had to be hard scenes to do. I can't imagine.

What makes me so sad about his death is the still present taboo that goes along with mental illness and keeps so many people from getting the help they need.