Y&R April 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't think I'll be able to delete today's episode.  I started watching when KSJ came to Y&R because I liked him so much on Generations.  I think the tribute was SO well edited.  I tried to watch B&B on my DVR and Dish apologized that they didn't have today's episode.  If that had happened during today's Y&R, I would have been suicidal.

• Members

I would be the right time for Dru to return to conclude the mess with Giggly. All the pieces are there from Dru's apparent death......Giggly, Lily and Sharon. Once that is resolved Dru can move on to other stories.

I don't know how Shemar's movies are doing but his TV show is tanking. I am surprised CBS hasn't canceled it. I never cared for the show.

• Members

Yes indeed.   If you listen just to the dialogue in the scene between Neil and Kay Chancellor, the subtext is pretty staggering.

Kay:  We've been approved!

Neil:  Are you kidding?  FANTASTIC!

Kay:   Full steam ahead!

It's amazing to me how much thought (and love) went into the editing of the tribute. 

(And for those who maybe didn't understand Joshua Morrow's teary-eyed comment, "I hope he knew how much I loved him", Morrow elaborated a little bit on that over the weekend during a podcast.   He said he and Kristoff routinely texted each other pictures of their dogs and their kids but rarely just CALLED each other to talk.   Morrow said, "I'll never make that mistake with another friend again.  Instead of texting a picture of my dog to someone that I'm thinking of, I'll pick up the phone and CALL him and tell him that I'm thinking of him and that I love him.")     

• Members

Dru and Neil were so good together!  Just watching their scenes together put a smile on my face, there was so much levity and investment there between the two of them.  Many of those scenes, especially the ones from the 90s reminded me of when I enjoyed the show.  I'd love from them to air that masquerade ball again as a classic!

The poem that DD read about the artist/creatives is so very true.  Artists feel so deeply, often times emotions are very close to the surface.

Despite the people who could not be there, for various reasons, this was a well done tribute. 

It does beg the question of why this level of quality can't be replicated with the regular show but I guess everyone's high regard for Kristoff that inspired this level of quality.

• Members

I had watched the tribute via the Canadian episode on Saturday

It was a great tribute to Neil Winters and more importantly Kristoff St. John . And of course it was great to see Queen Victoria Rowell. I do hope that the TPTB and she can come to an agreement. Because the Winters/Barber/Hamilton clan need someone to lead them since Neil is gone. 

The Official Y&R page uploaded more videos of unaired tributes from the stars who didn't get much time to speak.

If time was permitted, I would've loved to see the following participate in the tribute too. 

Heather Tom

Don Diamont 

Scott Reeves

Veronica Redd 

Bryant Jones? What ever happened to him? 

• Members

Those videos are great. Thanks for sharing.

Do we know if Eileen Davidson is back indefinitely? It's so funny that a huge deal was made of her leaving the show and now she's back like 2 months later with no end in sight.

• Members

There were a lot more videos than what was posted in this thread. Some of them were hard to watch (as they were so sad.) 

With Eileen Davidson, a part of me wonders if the regime change is why she is back for who knows how long. (Not complaining)

• Members

I think it’s clear that Eileen left because of wretched Mal Young. I hope she’s back to stay.

The tribute episode is just perfect, and I can’t delete it yet either. I want to watch it again in a couple weeks, even though I’ll cry through the whole thing again. I had to rewind the DVR when I heard the Doug Davidson quote from Pearl Buck. It just broke me in its simplicity and depth.

Y&R showed love to Kristoff with these episodes, but they also showed love to all of us. They really understood how much we loved and cared about Neil Winters and KSJ, and they reminded me why I’ve loved this show for so many decades.