Y&R: January Spoilers

• Members

Hillary wasn't that popular, I'm sorry to say, but she just wasn't. I liked her, and I agree they didn't use her to her full potential, but she was just never that popular to the point where it was her show or stories. Even her own stories were about other characters. It was what it was. And you will excuse me while I laugh @ Tatyana Ali. 

Please register in order to view this content

back to Dru/Mal/Neil - these characters were insanely popular, Drucilla and Malcolm in particular. Dru was like how Maurice Bernard is for GH. I didn't even watch Y&R back then but even I knew about Dru's hijinks. There is literally no comparison to anyone currently on Y&R's canvas to how popular Dru was. 

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was using Tatyana more as a reference point in terms of stunt casting, not implying she’s the greatest actress in the world but I stand by my opinion that if she were white she would’ve been afforded better story. 

Hillary was a lot more popular than you give her credit for and the first female black character that was featured almost nonstop in years. She may not have always been the star of her story but she always had a story and had her fingers in a lot of different things. 

• Members

There are some upcoming scenes from next week that will include Victoria slapping Phyllis and Kyle and Lola exchanging ILY's.

Here is the video showing these clips from next week:

It looks like they are intensifying Victoria/Phyllis's rivalry. And I think that the Rey/Sharon scenes, are regarding the spoiler about Sharon finding herself in a "compromising position."

• Members

Here are some upcoming spoilers from SOD/SID for the next couple of weeks:

Devon is going to let his guard down,  Lily will show up again, when Cane receives news from her, (she will write him a letter telling him about what's been going on with her in prison,) Cane will end up attending a memorial for JT at Victoria's house. Reed will plan the memorial and will invite the twins who will get Cane to go with him. Cane and Victoria will be uncomfortable about their kiss and Victoria will quietly confront him about it. Billy will notice the tension between them and be suspicious of them. 

MacKenzie will also show up to surprise Reed. Mac will return on the 11th  and her and Traci will be at JT's memorial. Phyllis will end up telling everyone at the memorial that JT abused Victoria. Phyllis will do this because she is afraid that Nikki will confess to JT's murder. This will cause Reed to lash out, trash JT's photo and storm out of the memorial. Nick will be upset about this, and it will cause a rift between him and Phyllis. 

Also, Mia will test Rey, and Arturo will get too close to Mia. Sharon and Rey will end up getting stranded together due to icy roads and will have to check into a hotel that only has one room available with one bed. Also Ana and Fen will end up finding their backs against the wall and Nikki will be under surveillance.  

I wonder what the spoiler about Ana/Fen is about. Maybe Devon is about to figure out that Ana really is the songwriter behind Fen's song. Or maybe the spoiler might be about something else. I'm also glad that Traci is back. I think she will be sticking around for a bit. And Phyllis continues to be messy. I also wonder what leads Mia to almost kiss/maybe kiss Arturo. Maybe she's feeing neglected because Rey is working long hours again and/or maybe she just wants to kiss Arturo. 

Here are some pics from upcoming scenes:

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I'll never be able to take the actor playing Reed seriously with that hair. At least the craziness matches his mothers', lol. At least comb it or something. 

Thanks for all the day ahead recaps @xtr it's one of the ways I'm keeping up with what's going on when I just can't bring myself to tune in, lol

And yesterday on GH, Lucy's entire book-writing story was told in "flashback" form for 10 minutes. So sad.

• Members

Dru/Malcolm/Neil/Olivia were NEVER as popular as Maurice Bernard. They had major stories and fairly consistent writing under Bell & Alden but they never had the airtime or agency allowed MB (or many of their white peers on Y&R).

YOU don't find Bryton attractive. That's fine.

But Bryton convincingly sold his side of the Hevon pairing and has exhibited noticeable chemistry with several Y&R actresses in the past yet was forced to remained single as every one of his white peers including GREG RIKAART who played a SERIAL PEDOPHILE ARSONIST were allowed tons of love interests.

And it's not just Bryton. Redaric & Lamon also had very few options during their time on Y&R and Brooks Darnell has been forced to harass Devon in scene after scene because the writers have no intention of pairing him with white woman.

They wouldn't. Shemar has returned several times & the writers were content to keep him in TBSL (just as they did during his contract years).

• Members

There really isn't anything interesting going on Monday's episode. According to soaps.com day ahead recap, Mia and Arturo will talk about their past romance with each other and will be glad they are now friends. Billy and Victoria will agree to Reed's idea of doing a memorial for JT. Reed will be taken aback by seeing them kissing, but they will tell him they aren't rushing to get back together. Nikki will reveal to Victor she was drunk the night of the hit and run, and will try and tell him about what really happened to JT.

He will quiet her and tell her he will take care of everything once his name is cleared. Mariah and Sharon will argue about letting Victor take the blame for JT's death. Mariah will be fine with Victor remaining in prison. Rey will be suspicious of Sharon and will wonder if she really wants to solve JT's murder. He will assure her that he wouldn't want someone innocent to go down for a murder they didn't commit.

These past few episodes have not been that interesting. I wish Ana were on more. Maybe she will be on Tuesday. Devon will on that day and will be letting his guard down around someone. Maybe Ana will be interacting with him that day and maybe with other people as well.

• Members

According to soaps.com day ahead recap on tomorrow's episode (and other spoilers from tomorrow's episode), 

Victoria is going to be fretting about JT's memorial being held in her house but decide to go through with it. Later, Reed will tell Billy he knows that the memorial for JT is bothering Victoria and will ask Billy if he should call it off. Billy will tell him to go through with it and his mother is onboard with it.

Also, Phyllis will tell Nick that he needs to walk away from Victor, after Nick says he thinks that Victor may be innocent.. Victoria will tell them about JT's memorial, while Phyllis will remark it must be hard for Reed to think that his grandfather is a killer. Nick will leave and Victoria will accuse Phyllis of trying to make Nick believe that Victor is a murderer. She will tell Phyllis she thinks that she wants revenge against Victor for what he did to her and Jack years ago. Phyllis will admit this is true, and will talk badly about Victor and Nikki/Victoria for supporting him. Victoria will end up slapping her and but Phyllis will continue to get in her face and will say she will say what she wants about Victor. Victoria will warn/threaten her about stirring up trouble. 

And there will be more tension happening between Devon/Ana tomorrow. Devon, Ana and Fen will be listening to a version of Fen's song at the penthouse that Devon really likes and wants to use. Ana will try and convince Devon to change the mix of the song, because it's not emotional enough. They will put Fen in the middle and he will say that he thinks they both have good ideas, but that Devon is the boss and what he says goes. Devon will go upstairs and Ana will ask Fen to send her a link to the final mix of his song, so she can change the mix of it. Fen will be hesitant to do so but will ultimately agree to do it. Him and Ana will end up at Crimson Lights together, where he will tell Ana that he really likes the version of her song. He will try and convince her again to come clean to Devon about being the songwriter but she will not want to do so. Fen will tell her enjoys working with her and wants her to be apart of his album making process.

They will end back up at the penthouse together where Devon will listen to the new mix of the song. He will be upset that they went behind his back again. Ana will take the blame and say that Fen came along for emotional support. Devon will ask Fen to leave but before Fen leaves he will defend Ana to Devon and tell him that she loves music as much as he does and that she's very talented. Devon will be upset with Ana and will tell her he doesn't trust her and that she keeps taking advantage of him. He will tell her he no longer wants her to be apart of Fen's LP. Ana will deny this is true/ Devon will tell her to back off and that he needs to run his life and business on his own. 

And Lola will be testing out new sample menus for Kyle, Mia and Rey. She will serve them a first course and ask for their opinions. They will be honest with her and say that the food was good, but doesn't have a signature taste to it. She will get upset and claim she's in over head. Kyle will give her a pep talk. She will cook again and everyone will love that version of her food and she will feel encouraged.

• Members

But seriously, why couldn't Lola have been a rising, young doctor, attorney or even teacher, struggling with her student loan debt like many college grads in this country?  At least that career path wouldn't feel as racist to me as her being yet another "hot Latina" cooking up tamales in the kitchen.

LOL!

• Members

Lol. I had saw tomorrow's episode (it is posted online) and the most positive things I can say about those scenes, really don't have much of anything to do with Lola. Kyle continued to be a supportive boyfriend and I thought that him and Mia looked interesting/kind of nice standing beside each other. I think they are actually doing a nice job of toning down Mia. She was OTT when she first came on the show, but she's been toned down and I think it's better for the character. She actually seemed genuinely supportive of Lola. (Though, she could go back to acting OTT again, if she cheats with Arturo/tries to make Rey jealous)

My favorite scenes from tomorrow's episode are the Fen/Ana scenes. They are my favorite part of the show right now. I like seeing them continue to grow closer. I liked when Ana gave him a pouty face (when she wants him to send a link to the song) and he gave into her. Devon seemed very irritated with Ana, when they went behind his back again. I could see him and her continue to have tension/clashing for a bit, while she tries to work/advance in the music business. I also wonder what the upcoming spoiler about Ana and Fen's backs being against the wall is about. I wonder if they will go behind Devon's back a third time and get in trouble with him again.

• Members

Now this is a ridiculous assertion. Bryton says every chance he gets that he's ready for his next pairing now that mishai is gone. What actor doesn't want a romance on a soap knowing that romances are the center of the shows now. Come on.

If Dru was so popular, why hasn't she been recast. And don't give me that nonsense about no one but VR can play her. Theu recasted Phyllis and the show always appeared to feel MS was more popular and important than VR 

Archived