Y&R: January Spoilers

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Exactly! I get frustrated when people say Nate needs to go when the actor is good. It ain’t his fault he ain’t Kyle or Fen and can’t get any action. The only reason Devon got Hevon is because they were undeniable. Roxanne and Devon could’ve also been a huge couple but they weren’t allowed to be developed. 

• Members

that's not the point. I don't even like Kyle (LOL!!) it's the fact that Lola's supposed to be nonsense, no games, etc, etc. But then she's just like the other girl  (Summer) she was supposed to be the antithesis of. And I don't believe this was the intent of the writers - to show that people are all the same or similar despite their backgrounds, etc. It's just lazy, plain and simple. 

• Members

I can't even get into the aspect of the obvious fear of men of color's sexuality on  daytime soaps but we all know it's there. 

I say men of color because I include characters like Keemo, a grown man, who was never allowed to develop as a full character who had love interests or love scenes and Ji-Min Kim, who was sexy as hell yet probably had only one onscreen love scene with Jill, that I can remember.

Amazing how these shows still pretend not to know why their ratings have declined so consistently.

• Members

Keemo had that ridiculous story where Mary Jo Mason made a fool of him. Such a waste of Philip Moon. They’ll fetishize Asian and black hot bodies, but nothing more than that. Let’s not talk about charisma or talent when cardboard dudes like Aiden Turner have been allowed to cycle through their show’s leading ladies with abandon.

Latino men have been allowed more story opportunities, as we see now on Y&R (and saw in the past on AMC, OLTL, Santa Barbara, GL, the list goes on).

• Members

i don't think that's it. I think it's how Bryton looks young as fukkk and is short, so the writers themselves cannot sexualize him, so they don't. And I also think part of it is on the actors. For all we know Bryton isn't keen on romantical storylines and the show is trying to accommodate him...

i mean cannot tell me that if Shemar Moore returned to Y&R the writers wouldn't be set to burn Genoa City down with his hotness. lol

also, Mason and Tyler could barely act. They were pretty, but Tyler in particular could not act. LOL

• Members

I think there are always exceptions to every rule and I count Shemar Moore as more of an exception, rather than as an example of the norm.

I never mentioned Tyler or Mason. 

I did mention Phillip Moon, a very experienced actor who portrayed Keemo, who was from a core Y&R family and Eric Steinberg who played Ji-Min Kim, whose sex appeal was undeniable.  Both were highly charismatic and both could act, without question and both were woefully underutilized.

• Members

if there was interest for either character I'm sure they would have been written? You cannot tell me that the reason Dru/Neil/Malcolm were written for is because they were "exceptions" LOL! No, sis. There was ridiculous fan interest. Period.

we can cry about race all we want, but if the viewership is there these shows will push it. B&B fans bellyache Liam, but he's clearly got a big following as they stay using the Liam to "course correct" the show whenever ratings fall off. They do try other things, but I guess viewers just don't care? 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Tomorrow's day ahead recap from soaps.com doesn't sound that interesting. Cane will tell Jill that he kissed another woman, (but won't tell her it was Victoria.) Jill will warn him not to speak of the kiss to anyone else. Victoria will tell Nikki that she shouldn't confess to killing JT and that Victor will fight the charges against him. Victoria will see her therapist and tell them about her kiss with Cane and Billy. Jack and Kerry will come back from their trip, Billy will tell Jack he wants to get back together with Victoria.

Jack and Jill will catch up with each other and Kerry will be unsettled once she finds out that Jack and Jill were romantically involved in the past. Billy and Victoria will talk about what they mean to each other and he will want their relationship to have a new beginning. He will reach in to kiss her but she will pull away and say they should take things slow.

This is too much focus on Victoria, IMHO. I think that she's going to start being on a lot again, (after she wasn't featured as much a while ago.) And I wish this JT storyline would really come to an end. Not only does it continue to drag on, they are actually adding even more unnecessary stuff to it.

• Members

Bill Bell, Kay Alden and Jack Smith we’re invested in black characters which is why we had so many in large and supporting roles. The issue now is that they just don’t care which is why Hilary is gone. As visible and popular as she was there is no way they’d let her go so easy if she was white. No way if Tatyana Ali were white, with her pedigree that u can convince me she’d have been as under utilized as she was. There’s an obvious difference. 

Archived