Y&R: January Spoilers

• Members

I don't know how long Summer is back for ,but I do believe she is largely back to cause trouble for Kyle/Lola. I could see Kyle giving in to temptation, sleeping with her, that causing problems for him and Lola and then Summer leaving town again.

Rey and Mia are going to renew their wedding vows and Arturo is going to propose to Abby during them. I think both of these couples are not going to make it. Arturo and Mia still seem to have strong feelings for each other. I think they will either cheat/and or realize they love each other and want to be together. I feel bad for Abby, this will yet another failed relationship for her. I could see her maybe deciding to swear off love,  but then slowly getting closer to  Devon as they work together as partners in helping run Lola's restaurant. Rey I think will move on to Sharon.

I also think that Ana probably has a bad guy out there somewhere that is going to show up. I wonder if Devon finds out that Ana is the songwriter, (maybe Michael will discover she set up the LLC) and that is what the spoiler about him "pushing her into the spotlight" is about. Maybe he discovers she's the songwriter and then has her come forward publicly. Or maybe he pushes her into the spotlight because of her production talent. I wonder if her being in the spotlight helps facilitate the bad guy coming to town. I could see him coming to town and trying to cause problems for Ana and maybe Hamilton-Winters. I think that Fen and Devon/Neil will end up helping her deal with him/trying to protect her from him. 

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I haven't seen any Abby and Devon scenes so I'm not sure if that's headed anywhere.  They've been friends for years. And with lily gone, he's the only friend she has in her age range. 

Tbh, I'm not sure whether Mia and Rey will make it or not. Rey and Sharon are definitely not gonna be anything. Seems they are using her to keep folks interested in Rey and Mia. Sharon is Nick's love regardless of whether JM likes it or not. Sharon and rey may get together for a year or so.  But I actually think that the show wants Mia and Rey together. 

• Members

According to soaps.com day ahead recap on Monday's episode, Cane will tell Mattie that he needs to visit Lily tonight. Mattie will wonder why he wants to do that and Cane will say he's just wants to be spontaneous. Mattie will want to know the truth and Cane will admit something happened and he wants to make things right with Lily. Mattie will offer to go with him, but he will tell her he has to see Lily by himself.

Billy will be at the prison to see Lily. She will hug him and wonder why he took the corporate Jet to come see her. Billy will tell her something happened and then tell her about Victor getting arrested. Lily will ask if there are any scandals and rumors going on in GC. Billy will tell her that Fen is a pop star and she will want him to be honest about why he came. He will tell her something happened with Cane since the last time he visited. He will tell her caught Cane kissing Victoria on the couch. Lily will mention how Cane and Victoria hate each other and Billy will tell her they were sober and it wasn't the first time that they kissed. Lily will feel sick and Billy will regret coming to tell her. Lily will say she has a right to know and will say that she will survive prison by any means necessary. Later Cane will arrive at the prison and will be told no more visitors are allowed for the night. He will learn that Billy visited Lily. 

Also Rey and Arturo will make amends for each other. They will both say they are in a good place with each other and the women in their lives. Arturo will tell Rey he was more like a father to him than their father was, and the brothers will hug. Abby/Mia however will clash with each other at Crimson Lights. And Mia/Arturo will also have some confrontations with each other. Mia will mock Arturo and tell him that Abby doesn't know how bad he has it for Mia. Arturo will tell Mia that Abby is the only woman in his future. Mia will tell him he's kidding himself. Later he will leave Crimson Lights and her and Abby will clash (Mia will end up holding flowers that Arturo gave Abby) and she will tell Abby that Arturo settled for her. Later Abby will confront Arturo about Mia's claims. Arturo will tell her that Mia is just stirring up trouble and to ignore her.

Arturo will end up going to Rey's apartment and confront Mia about upsetting Abby. Mia will say she's trying to save Arturo from her and that Arturo showed up at the apartment to test things between him and Mia. Arturo will threaten to tell Rey about how Mia is acting. Mia will say Rey won't forgive him this time. Rey shows up and Arturo says he has to tell him something and then Mia interjects and says she loves Rey and wants to renew their vows. Rey agrees. 

Also Phyllis will try and convince Sharon to form an alliance with her and they will wonder if they can trust Victoria/Nikki. Sharon says she wants to wait and see before she makes a decision, but that she trusts Phyllis even less than she trusts Victor. 

Also, here is the promo for next week:

• Members

Already?

I understand how Billy feels about Victoria and Cane's kisses, but it was not his place to tell Lily, not even after she demanded he be straight with her.  He could have expressed general concern about Cane without divulging the kiss.  I never thought I'd say this, but I hope Cane whoops his ass, lol.

I'm with Kay Alden: I can't make heads-or-tails out of Mia and her relationships with Rey and Arturo.  I also think they've rushed this particular story, asking us to get too involved with characters we still don't know very well.  If this doesn't end with Mia's lifeless body found in the trunk of Abby's car, I'll be shocked.

• Members

Here are some more spoilers for this week from Lynda Hirsch's soap column.

Phyllis will be angry at Billy for taking Jabot's corporate jet without her permission. Billy will tell her the reason why he took the jet and tell her about his problems with Victoria. Phyllis will surprise him by offering insight to Victoria and tell him that he needs to stand up and fight for the relationship that he wants. Victoria will end up leaning on Sharon who will tell her that she needs to focus on discovering her self-worth, especially since she's still harboring pain from JT's abuse.

Rey will ask Arturo to be his best man for the wedding ceremony, which Arturo will agree to. Arturo will decide not to tell Rey about Mia's behavior because he doesn't want to ruin his brother's happiness. Mia will rub her and Rey's vow renewal in Sharon's face. Sharon will act outwardly happy, but she will be hurting inside regarding this news. 

• Members

According to soaps.com day ahead recap on tomorrow's episode.

Mia is planning her vow renewal for her and Rey in their apartment. She tells him she wants to do a public vow renewal and wants to invite Arturo, Abby and all "the friends" they have made. She tells him to get Arturo to be his best friend. Rey is uncertain about that but agrees to ask him. Later Mia will end up inviting Sharon to the wedding and telling her to bring a date to it.

The twins will ask Cane how his visit with Lily went. He will say fine but Charlie will say he sounds worried. Cane will make a call to Ted to see if Billy is at Jabot, He will learn that Billy isn't. Later Phyllis will find out that Billy used Jabot's jet without her permission and will confront him about that.  He will say it was an urgent personal matter and offers to pay for the use of it. Phyllis will say he's flaunting her authority, and he will tell her she set forth a bad chain of events. He will apologize and she will threaten him. Later Billy will be at the Abbott mansion and Cane will show up and punch him in the face. Cane will tell him he didn't have any right getting telling Lily about him and Victoria. Cane will accuse Billy of breaking Lily's spirit. Billy will accuse Cane of only caring about himself. Cane will tell Billy he's mad that Victoria doesn't want him and that Billy is trying to tank a relationship out of spite, just like Phyllis. He will tell Billy that he and Phyllis deserve each other. Billy will say that Lily deserves better than Cane. Cane will vow to make Billy pay.

Also, Kerry will talk some more with Phyllis about Jack and his exes. She will tell him it's cool that Jack has a good relationship with his exes. Phyllis will love the new "Jack of Hearts" scent that Kerry created, but Kerry will say it is just for Jack. Jack will invite Kerry out to lunch but she will tell him that she has too much work to do. Later Jack will arrive at Jabot and find out that Kerry isn't there. He will call her and she will say she's busy working in the lab. She will actually be in her car and will make a call to someone telling them she's running late.

Also, Michael and Nick will talk about Victor being framed. Nick will say he wants to help Victor get out of this situation. Later on Michael will tell Nick that Phyllis is not happy that Michael has taken a case to help Victor. Also, Nick will have a conversation with Jack earlier in the episode, where they speculate on who could be framing Victor. The people that Nick suggest could be doing it are Kevin, Luca, Chelsea and Ian Ward. Jack ask Nick if he thinks that Jack could be framing Victor, Nick says the possibility crossed his mind. Jack also brings up Phyllis as a possibility and says that she hasn't gotten over what Victor did with Marco. Towards the end of the episode when Nick is at home and kissing Phyllis, he thinks about Jack's words regarding Phyllis.

I think that at least most of the people that Nick mentioned as possible culprits for framing Victor are not doing it. I do wonder if Phyllis may be behind it, due to Jack bringing it up and Nick taking it into consideration.

I also wonder what Kerry's secret is. I wonder if maybe she has an ex husband or ex-boyfriend that she's taking care of. She keeps bringing up Jack's exes and how he has good relationships with them. Maybe she has a ex who she is helping care for and doesn't want Jack to know about it. Maybe the syringe has something to do with that, maybe she's administering some type of medicine to her ex.

• Members

It’s like two steps forward and three steps back with Mia. I don’t get her dual desire to flirt with Arturo and antagonize Abby while trying to work on her marriage with Rey while thwarting Sharon. She’s just all over the place with no real insight into her motives other than troublemaking for its own sake. 

• Members

Have you ever seen that episode of "Good Times," where J.J. develops an ulcer on account of his girlfriend, Barbara, who keeps seeing him, even though she refuses to divorce her husband?  To me, Mia is like Barbara.  

As Willona told Barbara, she has one hand on one man (in Mia's case, that's Rey), the other hand on the other (Arturo), and she won't let either man go, because she's afraid to make a real commitment.  

"And the real sad part," Willona said, "is that I don't think you love either one of them."

That's what Mia (and the viewers) need: a Willona to give it to her with both barrels.  She wants to remain with Rey AND flirt with Arturo AND make life miserable for Abby and Sharon.  Well, a REAL woman makes a choice.  Either stick with Rey and wish Arturo the best, or come clean with Rey and fight for the man you want.

Or...you could just leave them both the hell alone, get out of Genoa City, and let everybody get on with their lives.  It's up to you, chica.

(Yes, I know I've just quoted an episode of "Good Times" to explain the motivation of a character on Y&R.  I'm as flabbergasted by that as you are.)

Or...maybe she's in cahoots with one of Jack's exes.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Haha. Thanks. Your memory of Good Times is impressive! The portrayal of Mia is so one-note, and, like you say, there’s no one to call her on her sh!t. Even Abby barely said, “Hey, bitch, aren’t you married? I’m sure your husband would love to know what you’re up to.”

I do wish we had a grande dame who could lay the smackdown on folks. Someone like a Jill or a Katherine (or what Dru and Nina could have been eventually). It’s what all the remaining soaps are missing, really, aside from Days with Julie and Maggie from time to time. The losses of Stephanie, Tracy, and Katherine have been super damaging IMO.

• Members

According to soaps.com day ahead recap on tomorrow's episode, Billy is going to flirt with Mia when he bumps into her at Crimson Lights. Rey will ask Arturo to be his best man and Arturo will say Rey deserves happiness. Mia will once again remind Sharon of the vow renewal. And later Sharon will tell Rey she will attend it. Mia will interact with Devon,  and ask him can she use the club for her vow renewal. Devon will tell her she's not a member, but she will tell him she has friends who are members. Devon will grin and say that she reminds him of someone else who wouldn't take "no' for an answer Hilary. Mia will say she was a big fan of Hilary. Devon will have Ana pencil the vow renewal into the schedule, Mia will be happy. Ana will tell Devon that Mia was working him and Devon will say he lets people think they are working him, but they aren't. 

Devon will also notice Ana writing in a notebook and ask her about her songwriting friend. She will say their name is Rezzy. Devon will say that is catchy. Later Devon will tell Ana he knows she is the songwriter, and that Rezzy LLC is underneath her name. He will threaten to drop Fen's song from distribution, if she doesn't admit it. Ana will admit it is true.  

Cane and Victoria will discuss Billy telling Lily the truth. Victoria will say it wasn't Billy's place to tell, but that she and Cane were wrong.  They will wonder why they kissed each other and admit they don't like each other. They agree to keep their distance and Cane says he will fight for Lily. Billy will arrive and him and Cane will argue. Cane will leave and Victoria will ask Billy how he could he tell Lily the truth. She will ask Billy to leave her alone. Billy will tell her he loves her, and wonder if she is able to care about anyone anymore..

Nick and Nikki will continue to wonder who is framing Victor and Nick will wonder if JT is still alive and doing it. Later on Nikki will accuse Phyllis of keeping the fire poker to frame Victor and Phyllis will admit that she never threw it into the lake.

I am glad that it will be revealed that Ana is the songwriter. I wonder if she will reveal the full truth to him, or just say she liked to remain anonymous. And maybe mention the guy stealing her songs as well. I do think there is more to the story. There is another spoiler that says that Devon is supposed to push her into the spotlight. Maybe the guy who sold her work will come to town, after this happens.

Archived