Y&R: January Spoilers

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No, Grant and Mary divorced in '81, I think.  She was long out of the family by the time Zach was born, and they shared no kids.  (Mary's only child, Richard (or "Richie"), was by her first husband.  I think she miscarried once while married to Grant.  However, she was diagnosed a Type-I diabetic in the late-'60's, so having more kids was probably out of the question anyway.)

What I don't know, however, is whether Zach is John's son, or Mark's.  Or maybe he's the son of one of Grant's other kids?  (I think Grant had four by his first wife.)

I think three things give away the fact that Zach is a Tinker:

1) His resemblance to Grant, John and Mark.  All the Tinker men (that I know of) share some physical resemblance, particularly around the eyes and jawline.

2) His Twitter feed, which includes re-tweets from Mark, as well as links to articles about Grant and Mary's deaths.

3) In an online interview with some British publication, he mentions owning an award given to his grandfather (Grant) by NBC.

• Members

He definitely was an accomplished and handsome man.    He aged well too. He's looking handsome at an older age in the picture I have posted below. And putting it beside another picture of Zach, you can see the resemblance even more between them and shared features including their noses.

I think that Zach may be the child of one of his other kids outside of Mark/John. I had read that Grant did have four kids, including a daughter and another son. Maybe Zach is the child of the third son.  I think I read somewhere that Zach mentioned having a step-father. John I think has been married for a while to the same person and Mark has been married twice, including once to Kristin Harmon, sister of Mark Harmon, and also the ex-wife of Ricky Nelson. (And mother of actress Tracy Nelson and the mother of twins Gunnar/Matthew of the rock band Nelson. )After Kristin he married another actress (who he is still married to). Kristin is not Zach's mom and if he does have a step-father then that rules out the other actress as well.

The family trees of those in the entertainment industries are often very interesting and intertwined. Like soap families, lol. 

Archived