Y&R January 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We will. They're going for a bohemian look with this kid and the guy is a musician. 

I hate singers/musicians on soaps but Y&R has a long tradition of it so whatever.

Both he and ED read as very cold so they do better with a partner that is more dynamic or equally stoic. They can't carry a pairing on their own. I can't think of anyone on the canvas to chemistry test him with other than Ashley and they've sort of already gone there, haven't they? 

• Members

He was great with AC/Leslie. But they threw it away to try to force him with MiM/Hilary, a pairing that failed before it hit the screen. They could have easily brought Leslie back when they saw fan reception for his pairing with Hilary. But no, instead they chased Hilary/Neil for over 2 years. 

• Members

At one point a few years ago Kristoff couldn't complain because the writers were pulling all kinds of shenanigans to pair him with the shows actresses of color.

He had just emerged from that horrible love triangle with Tyra & Karen into a potentially amazing relationship with ED when Y&R yanked that away from him to force him into the 'brother betrayal' redux with Julia Pace. During that debacle they also had him slobbering all over Leslie until Sofia's pregnancy & the whole WTD fallout had the show demanding Neil marry her. They also had him panting after Harmony during this time period and since he didn't have chemistry with either actress Y&R immediately shoved him right back at Leslie. Then as soon as a younger actress of color was put on contract (Hilary) they predictably found a way to push Neil into her & Devon's orbit.

It was insanity. Especially once you consider that for the first SIXTEEN years of Neil's existence on the show he only had 6 love interests. And only TWO of those were flings.

• Members

How long is SB/Dylan offscreen on this assignment or if we will see him again?  I liked Paul and Christine today.  

Those scenes with Hilary at Devon's bedside were well done.  MM was mesmerizing, she's been hitting every note all week.

Jabot going after Fenmore's is going to be a good story.  I'm looking forward to it.  I wonder why they never let Jack and Nikki's baby survive.  

• Members

I'm really trying to give Y&R a chance but my patience is running thin. Nothing is going on. The show has vets on but its so boring. Lauren's story is still stuck at Phyliss coming up with ideas to save her company. Ashley with that idiot of a tech guy...ugh...really that's all you have for her? So far this Y&R is typical Kay Alden....lots of vets on with nothing going on.

I thought that was dumb as hell. Why not have the meeting at Lauren's office? Is she in that bad of shape that she no longer has an office?? Then I forget who it was that also had scenes outside....LOL. 

• Members

Girl. I watched an audition tape of an actress reading for Nick's nanny. She sang a lullaby to Christian. I don't know if they're still going for that role because she'd be older than Reed, if I recall correctly she was a college grad using the job to pay back her student loans.

Archived