Y&R January 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I haven't watched the show in years but I noticed that they're still using some old tried and true Y&R phrases like "Back on track" and "Behind bars". There are a few others that I'm forgetting but it's nice.

AH definitely looks old enough to be that kid's mom, I mean, have you seen any of her recent closeups? He looks a lot like her. And I like how they've introduced him, he actually apologized for worrying his parents. Now let's see if they keep it up, kids on soaps are usually such little shitheads.

I like Hilary so much. She feels like a person. So does Mariah. Their reaction to Devon's accident seemed more authentic than those of his supposed family. Maybe they're just the better actors (Kristoff is BORED y'all, he's totally going through the motions, keeping his head down and cashing that paycheck because he probably has alimony and child support to pay).

Nikki did look different. A little tighter? Anyway, she looked good. They de-puffed her hair thank god.

• Members

Teens serve no purpose if they aren't out getting into trouble to give their parents story. He's destined to be another younger Billy. Prepare yourself. Lol

Hilary and Mariah recieved good writing. Depth and realistic POVs. Neil and Lily did not.  CK and KSJ shouldn't be expected to make something out of nothing. 

I don't think KSJ is bored. I think he's frustrated. He's been begging and lobbying for certain things for Neil for a decade now and the show has steadily refused to do it. We were just talking about how Neil has nothing. And I do mean nothing. No company, no friends, limited family, and no love interest. The show seems to have pin pointed Mishael Morgan as the new lead in that orbit and Neil has failed in a romance at least 3 times over with her. Nothing they tried worked. And if Hilary's bedside talks are any indication, the show has tapped Devon as her big love. So where does this leave Neil? If it was Jack, this wouldn't matter. But I'm pretty sure it'll matter for Neil. 

• Members

Obviously he's going to get into trouble but I'm talking about those teens who are constantly and consistently rude to their parents and it's tolerated as a fact of teenage years. That's not always the case and I'm sick of seeing it.

Also I was happy that when he went for that walk the other day we didn't get some scene of him immediately meeting some girl in the park (ie his new love interest). I'm so used to that when kids get SORASed on these shows. 

He's gone from frustrated to bored. I think he's resigned to his role on the show. The most prominent and long-lasting token.

• Members

I was surprised we didnt see his walk as well. But then it confirmed why I originally thought he was brought on. His purpose, imo, is to redeem Billy. Billy will help Vikki with him and this will give us a reason to want them together again. We will root for their family. 

Eventually though, summertime I'd guess, they'll soras and create some other kids for him to interact with. I really hope Moses is in that group. It's a no brainer. If they don't, then Sally really has no use for Neil. And that would be surprising. 

True. He shares some blame but not all. 

• Members

Amen!  Ole cheese eating ass KSJ was happy in the chemless Nillary disaster where Bryton had to take a back seat to him. I have ZERO sympathy now that KSJ has been exposed. VR really carried him all those years. Her back has to have suffered irreparable damage!  

• Members

Victoria Rowell is the main reason Kristoff has been in such a pickle these years. He's like Eileen Davidson in that it's not easy to put him in a pairing. I believe the entire time he's been on the show he's only really had chemistry with Olivia and Dru. I do think he has chemistry with Ashley now and I wouldn't mind seeing them pursue that. I do think Sharon is another character he would click with but I highly doubt the writers will do that. With Neil I think he needs to play a supporting role and just focus on family and work. They need to seriously think of what to do with him next and chemistry test him all over the place. The last thing I want is another forced pairing just to put him in one. 

Archived