Y&R January 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Katherine's other kid had been an ongoing Y&R story for the last 15 years.

Mac & JT were re-paired and rushed off the canvas once the writers decided Billy & Victoria were Y&R's latest supercouple. Since then they (and Reed) were living together as one big happy family.

And yes Brock met his brother & attended their mother's memorial service.

• Members

LOL...he got worse from the 80's. I mean his character should have been acknowledged by Jill.

I was going to say what about Cane too but then I read this....gawd LML and MAB sure ruined this soap......

Latham created Cane as the son of Phillip Chancellor II (Donnelly Rhodes) and Jill Foster Abbott (Jess Walton) but the character's background was rewritten by Maria Arena Bell in 2009, reestablishing him as the son of Colin and Genevieve Atkinson (Tristan Rogers and Genie Francis).

• Members

What are you missing? Every character in the Chancellor family who is alive (in real life) is living but not currently on the canvas except Devon & the Valentines (and occasionally Jill & Nina).

Tucker lives in Hong Kong, Yolanda & Ana are together, Mackenzie & JT live in DC with their kid, Phillip is in Australia, Chance works for the pentagon & Ronan works for the government.

The Cane character is the source of all the problems.

If the show would just write the character off just about everything else would work itself out.

• Members

I don't remember being that far back. The first I heard of it was when Jill was found to be Katherine's daughter. It was a long story. Years wasn't it?  I recall Jill's father, Judge Arthur Hendricks, was cast and was reunited with Katherine for awhile.

Then when MAB came along and wanted to get rid of JW/Jill she took Jill's new birth story and gave it to Tucker. The exact same birth story.  But said Kay and the woman who delivered the baby didn't know it was a boy instead of a girl. LOL If it wasn't a crazy enough story to begin with, MAB re-doing it with Tucker was even worse.

As far as I know Judge Arthur Hendricks is still alive, but Tucker & Devon have never mentioned their father/grandfather. And Jill's hasn't mentioned him since he was thought to be her father.

• Members

Mishael was excellent today.  Probably one of the best performances I've seen her give on Y&R.  The way they had her styled was very good and did she put CK to shame in the grieving department or what?

Lily just comes across as childish.  I was hoping Neil would have told her to cut it out instead of "deep breaths". 

Please register in order to view this content

Mariah seemed genuinely concerned for Hilary and wanting to help her, only to have Hilary pull a Lily on her.  That would have been a great opportunity to show some mutual respect between these two, but they went for the accusations instead.  Miss.  I liked the way CG played those scenes and I guess you're right, @ajsp35801 - Mariah continues to be propped.  Please stop.

Reed is a cutie.  Good cast.  But like most of yall, I would like to see more Abbotts, Winters/Barbers, etc rebuilt instead of the Newmans.  There's enough of them onscreen already.

Faith finding Dylan's phone/ring, etc came across a little awkward.  Sharon gave a half hearted effort to try to stop her that I thought was funny as hell.  "Please, don't..." and before you know it, Faith had popped that box top.  They really need to send her off to boarding school or some shyt.

Good episode though.  I liked it.

Yea, me too!

• Members

It was definitely that far back.

The story essentially began in 03. 14 years ago.

LML got the ball rolling about addressing Jack Smith's ridiculous bio "twist" thus Cane's ever changing backstory & Katherine searching for her new long lost baby for several years. Which led to insanity like Katherine & Jill consulting psychics during ice storms and Cane having vials of Phillip's blood in a cooler to fake blood tests.

MAB wanted to finish the undoing of the twist so she introduced the Tucker character who (after a fairly quick recast) spent the better part of three years fighting with Katherine & causing all sorts of insane drama like Devon's mom going from drug addict to prog rock concert groupie, Sharon briefly becoming Katherine's daughter in law & Genie Francis posing in an array of caftans.

• Members

I don't care about Cane, but I don't think he matters when it comes to Chancellors returning. Phillip, Cane, Jill, & Kay made their peace years ago. It doesn't even need to be mentioned.

The Chancellors I'd want to see returning are the real ones, Phillip 3 and Chance. Many good reasons:

-Returns the Chancellor name to Genoa City.

-It brings back 2 major legacy characters. We saw both these boys, as babies, young children, and adults.

-Chance returning would bring Nina into town, at least to visit every now and then.

-Fills up the Chancellor mansion. I'd like to see them keep that set.

-Now that Kay is gone Jill should have more family. Y&R always had a major family headed by a woman, they should continue that tradition with Jill.

-A gay character, they don't have to add one, we have one who's rooted in the history and families of GC.

-These 2 characters were organic. They weren't ret-conned. These are Bill Bell characters.

Archived