Y&R January 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

I'd rather Jack say like...How dare Lauren hire Phyliss. Doesn't she know how much I loathe her for sleeping with Billy? Then he finds out about Lauren's company struggling and then decides to teach both a lesson?? This having to do more with Phyliss than the actual takeover.  I guess this is what turns Lauren into the dark side once again....Jack taking her company away from her.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like Ravi quite a bit & was a fan of the actor before he turned up on Y&R.

I just don't like the styling for the character.

Since this story is somewhat reminiscent of Jill & Sean I'd much have preferred if Y&R dressed Ravi like Chris Douglas Sean where he looked stylish & sexy instead of looking like he makes his living recycling aluminum cans he finds on the beach.

• Members

I don't buy that. At all.

Jack & Ashley know first hand what it's like to lose a company (it literally almost destroyed their family) & how much more it stings when that kind of betrayal comes via someone who intimately knows your family.

It took Jack 10 years & an INSANE amount of scheming to have even the SLIGHTEST chance of regaining Jabot & the minute Ashley learned what Jack was planning she did everything in her power to assist him (despite usually disagreeing with his business dealings).

So no. I can't see them doing something like this, especially to a friend.

• Members

The Abbotts tradmark has always been that family is everything. Jack has screwed Ashley over several times for power but it was solely about their respective positions within the company. Beyond that the Abbotts have always maintained their business integrity where family & friends were involved.

If this were Victor doing the takeover I'd have no problem with it because Victor has no problem playing dirty in business with anyone (friends & family included).

And as I've said before, if this were just Jabot & Fenmore's competing in business with Jabot fighting dirty? That's a very in character story I can easily believe.

Archived