Y&R: April 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And I don't know why we should find this surprising... considering Pratt's idea of a fascinating lead woman on this show is Abby fuckin' Newman. wacko.png

Maybe it's all for the best. The less we see of the classic characters, the less damage he will be able to inflict on them. At this point, they're all empty shells of what they used to be anyway, but never underestimate Pratt's ability to find an even lower level to sink them to...

• Members

They don't show the Chancellor estate because there are no Chancellor's left on the show except for Devon. Somehow when katherine was shwishing around the place it had life to it. Now with Jill and Colin and Esther in that ridic maid's uniform it just looks like a bad soap opera set. What the show should have done was have had Constance be Katherine's long lost sister who's mansion burns down or something and she comes to live in the Chancellor estate. At least an actress with some old school chops could carry on the tradition of the place and maybe bring some of the other Chancellors back like a recast Mac or I'm drawing a blank -Chance? Esther would have to be fired but Jill and Colin could still live there I guess although they may be better in a condo in town somewhere. Honestly for me they just don't work in the mansion without Katherine.

• Members

Considering that Jill spent the better part of forty years fighting to be even part owner of the mansion, I doubt that she would ever move into a condo. That house is hers. As for Esther, surely her two-three appearances so far this year couldn't have been too offensive.

This regime has already proven how little they care about the longtime viewers, as Jill has been absent more than she's been on since Pratt took over. The Winters are back to being the Wednesday's-Winters, and Pratt has s hit on Jack,Sharon, Victor, Nikki making them all as unlikable as he can. No Traci, and way too much of that scene chewing Sage. We get it, JFP, she's your friend. Do we really need to see her every day? I sure could use a week off from her. As for the Scooby Gang, the only one worth watching is CG, also sidelined in favor of Jill's untalented friends from Hollywood Heights. Thank God for Justin Hartley finally making the Adam character work, after those horrible Michael Puhney Muhney years. Who the hell is Joe Clark and why do I care? I don't. He can go and take Avery with him. Jessica Collins is a saint for coming in day after day, playing a character the writers have changed around so many times, her head must spin. Dullan's only good scenes are with Sharon. Even Doug Davidson's Paul sucks these days. I attribute that to being stuck with the formerly perky now utterly spiteful Christine. Phyllis looks like a moron making love to a guy that isn't Jack, and didn't know the difference..Pratt is decimating the show character by character.We see Hillary once or twice a week, but Sag every day...angry.pngangry.png

• Members

You are correct in all you say!

However, I feel the need to point out that it's not about new writers. We've had what? Six new failed regimes in a row? New writers, even good ones, won't make a single difference unless they finally allow the show to be written the way that it should be, in the style and tone and atmosphere that is Y&R. Otherwise, it will NEVER work. Never. NEVER. It's going against everything that was part of the show's DNA and, as long as they insist on making it a bad copy of the worst things about ABC soaps, this mess will continue.

Archived