Y&R: April 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

God this show is so campy and bad. This is a terrible direction got the show. BTW Jim Reilly did this with John and Marlena and Kristen. Pratt is a disaster for this show. What idiots were for firing Jean P and Shelley they brought us the glory days of Y and R. The shows were character driven, complex and smart. This is dumbed down, plot driven and stupid. The ratings were totally doing well. I feel insulted as a viewer as I was relishing smart tv and they took it away from me.

• Members

Jonny, you were right in some respects regarding Jean and Shelly. Their YR was certainly better than this crap. I still think Jean is one of the worst, but she's not THE worst. Her YR was watchable. From what I'm hearing, this YR is sinking to Trassions levels.

• Members

Cady was bad enough for both of them, talk about hamming it up but I did enjoy Jack and Phyllis.being happy together. She's going to miss the clone when she gets the real deal back, this guy's got all of Jack's money, he's showering her with gifts, he has good taste (loved the dress) and he seems to be good in bed. On top of all that he refused to let Jabot business ruin their honeymoon. The real Jack would have picked up his messages and been on the first plane back to GC.

I thought the only really bad part of today's show were the Kelley/Jack scenes in the boat house or wherever they are. Just no. I did enjoy the Gabe scenes with Ashely and Victor and the Nick and Sage scenes. Even Billy wasn't too bad today and Victoria looked nice. Not looking forward to tomorrow where according to the preview Sharon is going to land in jail yet again. Wish the show would stop with the retread story lines. And I don't believe for a minute SC is being offered recurring. Even the fucktards that run this show aren't that stupid.

• Members

Chit this Y and R is horrible. First it's so plot driven and so campy bad. Only Jim Reilly can do JR but this doppleganger is ripoff of MAB awful Patti storyline and what are they turning Kelly into Kimberly from Melrose. I feel Pratt thinks this is Melrose Place. I don't know what JFP was thinking suggesting Pratt he's a terrible writer huge ego. The biggest complaints about Jean/Shelley is show was slow moving but it was character driven. They only got a year. I don't think Jean got much support from JFP.

• Members

There are so many plot holes in the plot - which is why I don't like plot driven story.....how did the dopple get into the server room? Even if you're a TWIN you don't have the same dam* finger print. They talked about using biotechnology to get into the server room? And Mumbles/Victor. It's all such a joke now. And this is nothing but story going nowhere. I see it already. Sharon with the tire iron...then her finger prints are all over it and Austin's blood. It's all so stupid. Cady McClain is the destruction of my existence. She's not a good actress - don't care what people say. I didn't like her on AMC nor ATWT - especially when she negotiated what would be best for her on either show and she did the PING PONG to get her best deal. I know - you have to work but in soaps - disjointing and I don't care as soon as I see her. She'll be a revolving door. Bad casting. And NOW - Pratt will do - not only "I know what you did Last Summer"....he'll think everyone will think he's BRILLIANT for regurgitating "MISERY". WAIT FOR IT. It'll happen. LOLLLLL. Such a joke.

• Members

And I'm going to say something CRAZY. Is Millee Taggart still alive and can she write? Nancy Curlee? John Conboy as Executive Producer? Let these people go and let them WORK. They worked for shows that didn't have a crapload of money. They had to THINK and be creative. They didn't have unlimited budgets. When has Y&R done a location shoot? They're staying right in that CBS building. Meanwhile B&B goes on location shoots all the time. I didn't believe it at the time, but someone said Y&R would be canceled before B&B - but I believe it will be true. More marketing overseas and no one wants to see this stuff on Y&R. It's just bad.

• Members

Agree completely. You could watch EVERY day and know what was going on. And the entire show hung on to people you knew. Whether you travel, or watch at home, or miss a day or two, you always tune in and see something for one or two days that is familiar. Long arc story. Y&R is in major trouble right now. All soaps are. I saw a post in another thread that someone said...My GOD...GH and DAYS are getting into Guiding Light Territory for cancellation! Um no - you better figure it out fast because you're way BELOW where GL was cancelled. 18-49 GL - 580,000 to 620,000 the month they were cancelled. Look at what the numbers are now. It's bad.

• Members

Not sure how he feels about Bill Bell. But Logan has been quite critical of JFP over the years, all the way back to SB and especially at GL and OLTL. While he kisses ass a lot to stay alive in a shrinking field of soap critics, he is also well-connected and knows behind-the-scenes stuff we don't. He also overhypes the things he likes. (Remember when he said the Billy-Adam showdown last year was the best soap since BJ's death on GH twenty years ago?) So I view everything he writes through that complicated prism.

Archived