Y&R: April 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She's just a bad actress.

I miss Cady McClain more and more every day. Kelly is a hoot! It's a blast watching her!! Missed her today...

As much as I love Kelly, I loathe 'imposter' stories. Beyond ridiculous. Peter Bergman can barely handle one character let alone two.

Amelia Heinle's frozen face...no. It takes me out of all the scenes.

Eileen Davidson would clearly rather be somewhere else.

• Members

I will never, in any way, shape or form, be able to claim CG is hot....... but only because I freakin' watched her grow up. biggrin.png But I can say she is a gorgeous, talented young lady who has managed to create a second role on Y&R that is a keeper (even though the writing barely supports her).

• Members

It's too late for the one piece of fan fiction I thought up to come to life - but I always imagined the following...It would start in November sweeps and conclude in February sweeps...

Esther has a proper, glorious portrait of Katherine in her late 1980s glory installed above the fireplace in the Chancellor living room. Jill is fine with it and says she's at peace with Katherine's death, but slowly all the hateful memories of Katherine begin to creep into Jill's mind and dreams. She experiences sleep disturbances, imagines all the hurt with Katherine over the years during the day, hears Katherine shouting at her ("Dear God In Heaven! Tramp! Whore!") and Jill starts to resent Katherine's memory.

One night, Jill is all alone in the mansion and she gets a little drunk, as Jill is want to do...and the memories of Katherine ramp up and Jill delivers an explosive monologue to the portrait of Katherine hanging above the fireplace which explains Jill's grief about all the hurt, all the history, all the pain and all the hell that Kay and Jill put each other through and how Jill doesn't know how she's supposed to go on without Katherine, realizing their hatred fuelled her life.

From the death of the two Phillips to John Abbott dumping Jill after Kay exposed her affair, to Rex duping Kay and then dying, to Kay thinking she was Jill's mother, to Jill's 4th of July explosion at Kay's poolside party, to Jill getting Kay off the wagon, to all the catfights - we are talking ALL the flashbacks, a veritable 'best of Kay and Jill' - the monologue ends with Jill hurling a glass of booze into the fireplace, a nod to Kay hurling a glass of booze against the mirror back in 1998, and as the alcohol hits the fireplace it sparks out and the Chancellor living room catches fire, and Jill is numb to it. She stares at her tear streaked face in the mirror, takes a deep breath and then snaps out of it and realizes how bad the fire actually is getting and calls the fire department in tears, reporting the fire, as she runs out of the mansion - which burns to the ground as the music swells and Jill stands out in the snow crying with a mix of anger, grief and relief.

*Fade to black*

Archived