Y&R: April 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

What the heck does Mariah have to do with Phick vs Shick? She was never part of that. Who cares about that anymore?

I think people forget that the CG was only hired for one SL. That was the story where she was playing the ghost trying to drive Sharon over the edge and Victor wanted to find out the secret Sharon was hiding. But the writers at that time (I believe they have since been fired or demoted). got swept up in nostalgia and put CG on contract. They didn't think long term, and now the characters is just there with nothing to do and no where to go.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You're the one who responded to earlier discussion of Summer and Mariah by bringing up their mothers, and you seemed to think any of us gave a !@#$%^&*] about who either Sharon or Nick are paired with. I was not watching during the love triangle with Nick, Sharon and Phyllis and I could not care less.

• Members

OMG! Thank you! We all know what the real reason for this hatred for the actress is. I just amazes me that women would take the side of a married man and father who allegedly abused a young girl! If the rumors are true, the actor is beyond disgusting.

• Members

OMG! Thank you! We all know what the real reason for this hatred for the actress is. I just amazes me that women would take the side of a married man and father who allegedly abused a young girl! If the rumors are true, the actor is beyond disgusting.

Look If folks like CG so much fine, just please keep her out of storylines with the characters that I like, Summer, Kyle, Fen, and Abby. If she is such a great actress, the writers should have no problem writing stories FOR HER, rather than just putting her in stories that have nothing to do with her.

• Members

You're so right, it's not just your opinion. But it's the opinions of the writers, directors and actors who cast the votes that matters, and they feel differently. Look I can't stand Sharon. But I understand and appreciate that she has a large fanbase, so the character is extremely important to the show. It would be huge loss if she ever left. I don't care for Jack either but PB is a great actor and is also very important to the show. IMO that is not the case with other long time characters.

• Members

Mariah has endless possibilities. The show just doesn't care to do it. I was questioning and giving reason as to why the show hasn't done it. I mean, anyone that can find endless story to feature Steve Burton's Dylan and his epic love Betty Crocker can find story for Camryn's Mariah. [!@#$%^&*], Stitch was hired as a talk to for Dylan and became a leading man with 3 love interests. So why one was hired is of very little consequence.

And you are the one who was clearly baiting. Every post designed to get people riled up over some Sharon/Phyllis crap. That was plain as day.

• Members

It doesn't matter if CG was only suppose to be short term or not. Pratt only loves Summer and Abby in the young set so Mariah not getting a story is not surprising. Hell she's not even in Sharon's story. I know writers want awesome Dylan to be Sharon's only hero/supporter but geez Mariah should be around too. That sorta pairing between her and Kevin was a bad idea also since he's a very expired character but all there is in this young set is brother Noah and Kyle.

• Members

Baiting? What Phyllis/Sharon crap? Am I missing something? Last time I checked Phyllis was very much in love with Jack and Nick is falling in love with Sage. Sharon and Phyllis don't even share scenes together anymore! Both women are the mother's of Nick's kids, so it would be impossible not to mention them in the same sentence sometimes. What does any of that have to do with Mariah?

Archived