Y&R: April 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We all know crazy things happen on soaps. But for the Abbott heir to get serious about a vulgar, ex con is too much, especially when he already has a Newman princess. Phyllis and Jack are enough of a stretch. But at least with Phyllis, the writers did a major make over. She is a smart, ambitious and very successful executive and former owner of not one but two very successful businesses and she is an internet guru.

CP didn't hire CG and so far, he has shown very little interest in Mariah.

• Members

Princess? Or vacuous self-centered ho? Anyway. Moving on. <sigh>

The last half of the show today wasn't bad, but Chuck is apparently going to keep his promise on how he sees Sharon. Case was giving it all she has. She was fixin to whoop dat azz before Michael showed up and I was cheering her on.

Lily as a suspicious, and maybe even a little jealous, wife works for me. CK can play rivalries well.

Joe/Dylan. Blah. I have no interest in either one of these dudes when they're on their own.

At least a little bit of the show was watchable today...

• Members

I completely missed this cartoon but that video brought back a vague memory.

Believe me, I know slick, it's so tempting sometimes (lol). You guys are restrained compared to me...when I unleash I show no mercy, I think that's why I'm trying to withold these days...ya know?

Honestly though, I don't know why anyone would judge CG's looks based on Y&R. I mean, Y&R couldn't even get Mason's good looks across onscreen and he's a model. He looks hot everywhere EXCEPT on Y&R. Anyone who is dubious, compare the lighting on Y&R compared to B&B. It is a world of difference.

I've seen a few candid pics of CG on her Twitter/Instagram page and she looks beautiful. Pale but beautiful.

This picture with GR for instance.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CC5ZnoqUkAEpTof.jpg:large

• Members

@ GMacwub.png Oh slickster already understands (lol). That pic was for the other folk, the non-believers ;)

That link was more of a not so subtle directive to really see someone as they are, which is not always what Y&R shows. I'm still pissed about the Mason thing. You can say what you want about Lamon Archey was a good looking man and I could never figure out why he looked good on everything else except Y&R (even You Tube videos taken on cell phone cameras).

Many of us on this board have discussed Y&R's piss poor lighting. I cannot fathom why some don't make the connection. No matter how attractive, actors need to be properly lit to look their best. Unless you're deliberately trying to make someone look haggard, different story. Y&R obviously equates working class and poor with schlumpy hence Mariah's look. I don't think they understand that people on a modest budget can actually look good sometimes (lol) but oh well...

@ Daytime Fan, that's some dramatic stuff! Man, if I didn't know Sony would try and sue, I'd suggest a Kickstarter to finance that (LOL). That was good and dramatic and I like the Chancellor Mansion. The only problem with actually doing this is, knowing Y&R, they'd only replace the Mansion with something hideous in return.

• Members

Bummer has been a horrible character, hardly a Princess.

From the horrible "My Two Dads" story to Cabin Killin' HK has continually regressed. She started out as a decent actress playing a typical soap teen, but has just gone downhill from story to story. I also never advocated for Kyle/Mariah. Mariah deserves a love interest other than "Uncle" Kevin. Personally, I think Mariah/Fen would be an interesting story.

HK's job security due to the unfortunate incident with MM means we're stuck with her for the duration. It's time to call in Lisa Brown or Larkin Malloy to work with her,since they both teach acting.

The whiny nature of Bummer comes from piss poor writing, and makes her FF material for me.

Today's episode was decent, although Cane and Joe and Dullan worked my nerves. As for Avery, I wish Sharon dropped her bitch ass.

When Michael went down, I was thinking of Fred Sanford<winks>.

• Members

Well HK won an Emmy for her performance and her career is going quite well, so she must be doing something right. As for Fen and Mariah, I don't see it for many reasons. Fen is a bit of a snob for starters (I like Fen so this is not a knock, just an observation). He is going to be a lawyer so I don't see him dating an ex con. Mariah was a one SL character and now CP is stuck with her. So IMHO weird Kevin is the best she can hope for, very sad, but true.

Sexual harassment is not an incident. HK worked for the EP at Hollywood Heights, so she is also a friend of Jill's.

• Members

I like Hunter King a lot, but Camryn Grimes is a far, far better actress. No one gives a [!@#$%^&*] about your prehistoric Phyllis/Sharon fan wars trickling down to the two young women playing their daughters. Have a great night.

Archived