Y&R: March 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agreed. I think DT would have been fine, but I think it was still so close to BM and we know how AH loves BM. I have nothing again Burgess, but I don't think of him as Billy - more like an Abbott relative. But it is darn creepy seeing him with MCE. I mean if EH returns as Chloe and her surprise, it will be an even worse contrast.

• Members

MCE and DT were so cute together. I was enjoying them as a couple yet they brought in Burgess. Burgess looks too old for MCE…and his acting is just under the radar…he is nothing special. Reminds me of the ART recast with Susan Batten….damn FMB…...

• Members

DT had great chemistry with everyone except AH and that is unfortunately what got him sacked. The irony is that he was just starting to make the role his again when he got the heave-ho. Another irony is that Victoria spends the bulk of her time with Stitch, not Billy. I think too that in those confrontation scenes between DT and SC, the height differential somehow made TPTB unconfortable somehow-- very silly, I think because people come in all sorts of heights and builds in life but apparently DT somehow didn't conform to JFP's idea of manhood (i.e. beefie beefcake).

Just think about it-- had JFP been in charge of Y&R in the 80s/90s, most of the actors that we've come to adore throughout this show's history would never have worked on this show as I'm fairly certain they wouldn't be in line with her physical standards of what's acceptable looks-wise.

• Members

I still love that ATWT fans sent cans of dog food to CBS with that unreal recast. Probably one of the worst 'unforced' recasts in daytime history. This one isn't nearly as bad, it's probably because Burgess is far easier on the eyes than SB. Talentwise, different story. It still burns me that DT was treated so horribly. Honestly, with Burgess, where does the Billy character go after the Gabriel reveal and inevitable reunion? Definitely not Victoria - there is zero chemistry there. Probably Phyllis, I suppose.

• Members

Had a catch up marathon yesterday but forgot to post so this will be all over the place

q8l96sL.jpg

Poor Paul and the Bug! I really wanted them to have this baby, LLB and DD are fantastic in this story though. Nikki has been completely inappropriate when it comes to the boundaries of marriage and she's been a mess for so long that I'm kind of looking forward to The Bug going after her with guns blazing. Neil continues to be a piece of sh!t letting Nikki take the fall.

pe9Wk4m.jpg

Hunter King is going a great job with the Austin & Abby affair reveal, those funeral scenes were excellent. This is the kind of stuff she excels at, not these lame insta pairings TPTB keep trying to shoehorn (to her credit she really tried to make the Austin pairing work). Quick sidebar but her and the guy playing Noah have really good chemistry, too bad they're playing siblings. Anyway Melissa Ordway is doing good work as well though to a lesser extent. Loved the slap Summer gave Abby today. It sucks that Austin is dead so we couldn't see the affair in real time, this is the first guy she's had comfortable chemistry with.

6NVlOOY.jpg

Still not crazy about nuSmarmyKyle but he looks a lot like PB so good job on that front. Glad he got exposed for knowing about Abby and Austin and for being in town & at the cabin.

LPbxTah.jpg

This story continues to be a derivative mess man. Now today we find out Austin was making an exposé on the Newmans/Abbotts, and we have nuSmarmyKyle basically trying to gaslight Summer. Thankfully her memories came back and she knows the truth. Even though nuSmarmyKyle is really shady I think its going to end up being BarbieCop who dun it, just because she's the most expendable and least suspected. I shudder to think of what ridiculous motive Pratt's going to try and pull out of his ass though.

FB2lcOn.jpg

The way they rushed through Billy and Chelsea's engagement in 2 segments in Fridays show tells me exactly how they see Burgess Meredith. He's a seat filler recast, a stock to throw in random love triangles/quads. When this Adam stuff reaches its climax he'll be back off to the side with Vicki and Stitch, and shout out to Pratt for lowering their airtime. Billy asking Gabe/Adam to be his best man today is so contrived but necessary for the meat of this story, which is the big Adam reveal.

Random bits

I really dig Sharon and Dylan

Ashley needs a better storyline of her own

And Hillary was severely missing last week, need my boo back especially now with her heel turn however real or fake it is

• Members

The last time Billy took his shirt off was when he had a sex scene on the couch with Chelsea IIRC. He has a nice body, kind of Ken dollish but perfectly fine. He's just so bland, no charisma, no sexy there at all. imo.

Chelsea has changed the color of her hair and in her scenes with Sage today they looked like twins. Same hair color, style and facial expressions. Wierd.

The other thing that was kind of wierd about today's show was how much they pointed out the camera in the lab at Jabot. It was making noise all through Ashley and Abby's scenes and then when Stitch was talking to Victoria the show did a wide shot to include the lab camera, with it's flashing red light, in the shot. Wonder what that's all about.

Archived