Y&R: March 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have noticed this trend of people @ an actor to complain about the character or attack the character. I rarely @ actors but if I do, it is only a compliment. Well, I have had to correct KSJ on the history of Neil a time or two but that's different. happy.png

I thought that it started because Ordway saw someone say that she was a bad actress in the #YR TL and she responded?

• Members

Twitter for these public personalities is a slippery slope, IMO. I don't think that Sony or CBS can really dictate what goes on with an actor's personal account, if they are live tweeting from from the company twitter account, that's different but unless you're paying them for the time to tweet, can you really dictate what they tweet on their own time? I don't know, maybe CBS or Sony has guidelines for social media by now?

On the other hand, what is the purpose of coming at the actress in that manner? Isn't that what blogs and journals are for?

I just can't get that question out of my head of why on earth would Nikki feel so compelled to keep it a secret that Neil's hands were on the wheel? If it's her car and she's still the driver (and as some say, the primary party responsible), then why not tell the whole truth?

Part of me thinks it's an attempt to get a Winters to interact outside of the Winters family, which I agree needs to happen but the setup has got to make sense and this one still has me scratching my head.

Honestly, not to drag Sharon into every storyline under the sun but she is really the only non Winters person that I could see covering up Neil's involvement, maybe out of sympathy for Neil's personal life collapsing and perhaps out of some weird obligation to help Neil on behalf of her friendship with Dru.

I suspect the bigger reason for this unwieldy plotline is to draw Nikki and Christine further into conflict and by extension Paul and then Dylan. Awkward execution of the concept though.

• Members

Wow there was a lot of bad acting in today's show from Doug Davidson to others who seemed to just scream and yell and overact their scenes. Joshua Morrow was just plain awful. Gawd the guy can NOT ACT worth S HIT!!

I feel like I am in the twilight zone now where Y&R is concerned. The story lines are all over the place. And Paul arresting Nikki was laughable and just plain dumb.

As for Austin I hope he is gone but I have a feeling he is alive…I wish the actor had been gone…dont care for him..he comes off smug on Twitter too.

• Members

Agree with all points. Neil was just used to give Nikki an out. This is really A Nikki vs Christine story, which in turn will give Paul, and more important to those in charge, Dylan and Avery story. What do you bet Avery represents Neil whenever the truth comes out and it will be more about Dylan and Avery angst than Neil. I see this as a way to pull Winters into a story with that orbit to play supporting instead of them leading their own story. Do I sound jaded?

As for why Nikki would do this...maybe she feels responsible for forcing Neil to go to an AA meeting when he wasn't ready and she doesn't want to see him go to jail for her mistakes. But I don't think that is the reason that she gave.

Archived