B&B - January 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

I don't think Maya is an idiot as much as she's a bit naive when it comes to the complexities of the Forresters. Brooke clearly was more focused on Ridge and showed how clueless she was when Maya was trying to explain, "But I forgave Ridge.' Zero idea about the impact of Brooke's dysfunctional relationship have had on her children.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

where do you get that? I just saw and she showed plenty of concern for Rick. That concern definitely wasnt eclipsed by Caroline and Ridge. She barely reacted to the news of them being together. She was primarily focused on Rick this whole episode

• Members

Ridge and Caroline sure were UNSPURPRISED by THREE (!?) gunshots fired at them. LOL

The storyline is amazing and I'm stunned that they mostly play it for subtlety and emotion instead of camp but the reactions were kinda off. And boooooo to Caroline for stepping in when Ridge wanted to call the police. I always love me some Lt. Baker. It's high time that we see him again...

Mapotle and Brooke were fantastic together. LOved Brooke's reaction as well as Maya taking a stand to dress to get some dignity after being caught prancing in her undies.

• Members

I don't know enough about B&B history. How much did Brooke/Ridge, etc mess up Rick? Has he had deep issues about it all through his life? So much so that he is doing this stuff? It is strange to watch being an AMC fan because I see JY playing this so much like JR and JR was MESSED.UP. Like (IMO) mentally(albeit undiagnosed).

Mupetta left out some details to Brooke, though, like how Rick acted like a weasel and tricked his own father. Her blind Caroline hate showed too much. Let's see how Brooke reacts when she gets the whole story.I know Brooke knows Rick is CEO but I wonder if she knows how he got it.

• Members

Yes, he's hated Ridge for most of his life. Ridge is the person that broke up his family. He would constantly marry (though invalid) Brooke and make all these promises about giving them a family and being a father to Rick but would always leave her to go back to Taylor. Brooke failed to give him a stable childhood and this was in between other men she saw and married, but Ridge was the only constant. Even as an adult Rick has always had problems with Ridge bc of the way his mother would be hurt when they end. 95% of the time it was always Ridge dumping Brooke and of course no son wants to see their mother in pain.

He was angry and violent when he was a teen and shot his ex-step father Grant. Ridge and Grant discuss how messed up he was

The last time they fought over a woman was when Taylor left Rick to try and reunite with Ridge. You'll notice how angry he is here. Its too bad they cant use flashbacks bc this would strengthen what is currently going on with Caroline and Ridge. I REALLY wish they would at least reference this story

Rick put Brooke in a position to choose him or Ridge and she told Rick to get out of her house. Obviously this fueled his hate for Ridge and put a strain on his relationship with his mother

• Members

IA, but I also think Ridge shares some blame bc when he made a commitment to Brooke, he was also making one to her kids. As one of the adults in this situation, he let Rick down constantly. Brooke as the mother should have just said no and cut him off instead of always chasing and willing to drop everything for him bc she disrupted her children's lives each time. All of her adult kids were messed up bc of her. I think Jack has the best shot of being normal and thats primarily bc she isnt raising him. I wouldnt be surprised though if he came to town eventually hating her and screwed up bc she abandoned him.

IA on RM and HT. I loved Ridge and Taylor and hated how Bell sh--ted on them in favor of pushing Brooke as his soulmate after Taylor was brought back.

• Members

Wait? Brooke really kicked Rick out for Widge? I didn't know that. Man, I hope that Brooke starts to think back on all the choices she made for Widge and how it damaged her children and that leads to heavy drinking. BTW - I do hope HT comes back for more episodes - like Brooke, she would fit nicely in this storyline as another voice who actually knows the deal. After all, didn't Ridge/Taylor meet because he was grieving Caroline 1.0?

• Members

I didn't realize that. I just remember Ridge on his motorcycle or something after Caroline died and then Taylor was around. I had no idea she was Caroline's doctor. Interesting. Even though I've followed show since debut, I always drift in and out depending on whether I'm into a certain S/L. For whatever reason, this one has me captured - on a number of fronts.

Archived