B&B - January 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Bingo! Because she thought she'd jet back to LA and $B would be lusting after her, so she could feign "Bill you belong with Katie and your family (but thank goodness I still got it)." Once that got shut down and after realizing that Ridge didn't just dump her after the original wedding for whatever and that she didn't get dumped again by Ridge for Katie (after finding out about $B), but already moved on from that to Caroline 2.0, Brooke can't handle that Ridge does NOT want her. How can that be? All the steamrooms? And even bigger insult to Brooke - Deacon has hooked up with Quinn. So all THREE men who used to love to dance in circles to please Brooke have moved on, with, frankly, superior women.

Know how methodical Brad has been during the past couple of years, I fully believe this was set up this way to lead Brooke down that dark road and her big storyline. Brooke without a man or even a prospect is going to fry her brain. (Shoot even Thorne and Eric aren't around for 4th/5th place emergency backups).

• Members

I really dont think Brooke wants Ridge. Its obviously she still loves Bill and was hoping he'd want her back. Since that didnt happen, she's on plan B. I think she just doesnt want him to move on with Caroline. I think she has a sickness. Her sexuality is her identity and she has not handled aging well which is why I feel she always seems to want to compete with younger women to prove to herself that she still has it. Bridget, (Hope, not really but kinda), Katie and now Caroline. She likes to tempt and steal their men bc she can and it boosts up her ego

but that already happened. When Ridge was done with her when he moved onto Katie, she tried and failed to get him back. She tried and failed to get Nick from Taylor. Ditto with Ridge w/Taylor prior to her 2002 death This isnt what Bell's referring to bc Brooke's failed seductions is nothing new

• Members

From my point of view, I just love that the show is generating so much discussion. At cost of looking like a rabid fan (which I'm not.. I hope LOL), I can see where Brooke is coming from. I dare to say she's even right. Deep down Rick loves Caroline and is doing all of this out of spite. He should let go of anger to be happy again. That's what every character has been saying, just not in Rick's face. So, nothing new there.

• Members

I hope you're right, because I'd love to see that. But I don't think Brad Bell or B&B are that self-aware about Brooke. From what I've seen they have always ultimately sided with her "following her heart/vagina". As much as I am enjoying this show at the moment, that is its fatal flaw for me.

• Members

One character can't single-handedly ruin a show. People insisted Hope did. Now it's Brooke. If Brooke goes it will be someone else - probably Liam. Brad Bell is just never going to manage to be that good to where something is not going to suck.

For me Katie and Bill tank any and every scene they're in, but I'm not going to blame them for his failings.

• Members

No show is perfect; there's always some dud somewhere. And it's easy to pick some passing scapegoat, but that's not what Brooke is to me. The main saga of Brooke and her many genital-related foibles is one of the primary reasons I have never been able to take this show seriously in my decades of soap viewing, and it's far worse now that she is visibly more mature. She's a beautiful woman, but AFAIC KKL is neither young enough nor a good enough actress to put this endless cycle over.

I am enjoying the show at the moment, but if it defaults back to the heroic sexual struggles of Brooke, the noble goddess who follows her muscles of love, I will be audi 5000 at a moment's notice.

• Members

Agreed…even Douglas Marland had one story that didn't work while the rest were great. As for Brooke this is where the actress says enough foolishness about my character hungering for men. Brooke should be the Stephanie character now. I don't want her competing with the younger leading ladies for men…There is no one in the cast that is female in her age range.

• Members

To me when the general idea is, "Everything was wonderful and now it's ruined because of ____" then the character is a scapegoat. It was the same with Hope. Hope was played out long ago, but if she was that much of a soul-destroyer, then her leaving would not magically make the show better. It's the same with Brooke. If the show is that good then it can cope with her return. It's not that difficult when you have basic skill. Lily was a huge drain on ATWT for years but Marland still wrote a terrific show.

I used to love Brooke, but Brad Bell ruined the character for me with the Deacon trash and there's no going back. But I can't say that her return does much to change what is the main core of B&B - a handful of entertaining characters, some stories that can occasionally take off, and a lot of mediocrity that gets by because of good production values and because it's not as terrible as the dross that used to clog the drain before someone had a clearout (Ronn Moss, Nick, Donna Duck, Stephanie's gangster rages, etc. etc.)

• Members

She was awful to Maya. If she really feels that way, then why did she tell Maya to go upstairs and tend to Rick (aka have sex) and then the very next day tell him to dump her? Thats cruel. As for pushing him with Caroline, I think it would be a bit naive to not believe she has ulterior motives here. Everyone else that has commented has been a neutral party with no investment either way. Brooke however clearly has a motive and its motivated by Ridge and not wanting him to be with Caroline. She hasnt been around for months. She has no clue what Rick wants nor has she seen any of his stunts which the other characters have, which gave them more weight to assess the situation.

• Members

Thursday

First of all, fantastic episode. Second of all, Brooke is now Stephanie. Make no mistake about it.

I like that they're taking the time to play the beats and actually develop Liam and Ivy as a couple. Things with them have been going refreshingly slowly. But they still need to work on Ivy considerably. Did not see the random arrival of Bill coming. But Liam wants to take over Forrester? WTF? Liaaaaaam, ju got some esplaining tu duuuuu.

Brooke and Donna having coffee and catching up wub.png So classically soapy (the scene also featured a beautiful long shot). I am SO glad that they are following the thread of something going on with Rick. I'm glad Brooke sees that. HOWEVER, I don't think she realizes just how serious it is yet. Like Donna said, she hasn't been by Forrester, so she hasn't seen the situation first hand.

Loved Ridge and Caroline trying to blackmail Rick into stepping down as CEO. JY was fantastic when he almost convincingly pretended to go along with Ridge's idea. Also, Malulu gave great supporting performance. I was NOT expecting Brooke to walk in and tear into Ridge and Caroline. I am SO glad that happened. First things first. Besides, it keeps Rick out of jail and, for storyline purposes, we want that.

• Members

I have to absolutely agree with this. Brooke came back with a new attitude, and an altered personality, and she's ready to kick butt and take names! laugh.png

I don't agree at all. She walked in on Ridge, who is having an affair with her son's wife, threatening to send her son to jail. She ain't going to allow that. She needs to take care of that, FIRST.

Sit your ass down, boo. Brooke is GODDESS. She did what any mother would: She defended and protected her son in front of his enemies. In front. I have NO doubt that she will lay into Rick as well in private and, once she realizes how bad it's gotten, take steps to rectify it. Brooke would NEVER let Ridge or any muthafucker at Forrester talk to HER kids like that (even if she sleeps with her kids' husbands laugh.png). It's only until they turned her into a 24/7, 'My Vagina Will Go On' SLUT that her motherhood ever came into real question. But that seems to be changing, as the writing suggests. They're suggesting that they'll be moving past the whoredom. It's B&B, so it could always regress, but....

That is HILARIOUS and PRICELESS.

Archived