B&B - January 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

LOL who is singing Caroline's praises? I don't see Ivy or Ally or Liam or Bill going around doing that.

That's not even a statement of fact.

Propping is when character's go out of their way to praise another, even when it's OOC for that character, and said propped character NEVER gets called out on their actions and NEVER owns their actions and blames others for their actions and no one has a problem with it

Liam is the defintion of propped, for those who watched All My Children, he's the Ryan Lavery of the show.

Caroline gets called out on her actions and even owns them and doesn't blame others for her actions

SO again how is Caroline being propped? nbe.jpgblink.png

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wouldn't have much of a problem with this either, but the thing with me is that I feel like Steffy's behavior was always overlooked alot by her family and it was only the LOGANS who seemed to know what she was all about......Sure that's her family and Hope isn't perfect but I just wish some of the stuff Bill and Steffy did to break up Liam and Hope was addressed.....I don't remember if Ridge, Taylor or Thomas realized just how much scheming was involved with Steffy and Bill....

If Steffy were to stay longer (something I could live without, but it's not up to me) I think it would be sort of refreshing to battle cousin Ivy over Liam......It would maybe make Ivy realize that Hope was right about her....

• Members

Thank GOD the shooting wasn't a fantasy. It's so hilarious that he shot at them so he could "get Ridge off Caroline" laugh.png I LOVE it!

The Brooke/Maya stuff was excellent. Brooke nearly shat herself when Maya told her Caroline was having an affair with Ridge. It made sense for Brooke to take it easy on Maya and definitely take Rick's side but we'll see how this develops.

So Liam and Ivy had sex for the first time. Woopdedoo.

LOVED Ridge mentioning Lt. Baker and then asking Caroline to come start a new company with him. Would they ever really follow through with this? Are we going to spin off this fantastic storyline into a rival company for the Forresters? Yes, PLEASE! biggrin.png (I will believe it when I see it).

• Members

I would think they were propping here if they were villifying Maya but they've written her as an equal. She's not coming across terrible and has cooled down since she was throwing herself at Rick and trying to split them up. They've used flashbacks and had characters comment to give legitamacy to her relationship with Rick and she's successfully has been able to call Caroline out and shut her down.

Rick has been over the top and awful but this is consistent with his portrayal over the years when it comes to Ridge. I mean he and Ridge nearly killed each other on the roof of FC when KL was in the role and he shot Grant when he was a teen. He has a history of a violent streak. They have done a good job of portraying though that he still loves Caroline but cant look past the Ridge factor, which has been causing him to lash out and hurt her for being with him of all people

If anything I can see characters propping Rick and Caroline as a couple together, but not really her as an individual character. They have gone overboard with people analyzing the situation and telling us that Rick still loves Caroline. I do think however that is for Rick's benefit bc the writers want to make it clear what his motivations are bc thats not obviously apparent from his actions

Archived