B&B - January 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Me neither. B&B has always been (even in its down periods) a very well-run show, but I still think the first time they wrote out Macy was the closest to a creative failure the show has ever really committed. Thorne was the never the same storyline-wise after that (even with the Brooke coupling). At the same time though I don't know how Macy would fit in with the current B&B. I'm sure Eakes would return if asked and it would be great to rebuild Spectra with her in charge, but I can't see it within the view of B&B today.

• Members

I loved Deacon and Macy and how she came back to town to take Brooke down. Its a shame they killed her again within a year. That was one of the biggest mistakes IMO. Sally was the soul of Spectra. Macy was its heart. That family and company never recovered from losing Macy and well when Sally left it was done. Macy should have been around to outlast her to carry on its legacy

That was a GOOD storyline

PS. My good Amber and that screeching

• Members
After that bomb "Capitol," which ended up doing far worse than SFT, which CBS dropped because they didn't want to do another revamp, several station took advantage of CBS moving the 30-minute show BEFORE ATWT (so B&B would air next to Y&R) and therefore they either condensed line-ups or ran news in that spot. I was really surprised when I read the story. I seem to recall it was after B&B had record high ratings when Shiela 'imagined' Lauren busted her in LA for almost the entire week, only to discover it was a dream. It was very frustrating to Bell that they couldn't get full clearance.

Tried to find article, no luck, but did stumble on something - Tulsa affilate airs B&B at 1:05 am CT. I wonder if other stations do that? I would've thought by now that all affilates would be in line. Interesting.

• Members

I wonder how much of whats been going on back home does Brooke know of. Like does she know about Ridge and Caroline or that Rick cheated with Maya? She's been with Hope for a month and a half so Id have to imagine she'd have updated her mother on that stuff. I wonder if she even knows if Ridge and Katie called it quits

Archived