B&B - January 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

Don Diamont and Heather Tom have incredible chemistry and it's great seeing that potential between the two (present since their Y&R days) come to fruition. Bell isn't going to give up easily on that and there's not much more for them to do.

That being said, they have a very messy, complicated, almost sickening dynamic that I don't think the show quite sees that way. Or certainly they don't act like they do. I would like it if they played to that, actually made a point of it, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I really do hope Katie has changed and they rewrite that relationship to be different. If they actually allowed both Katie and Bill to change, grow and mature, this could be very interesting.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, if we're back to passive, sickly Katie, I'll pass. DD/HT do have great chemistry together - beyond sexual, but hopefully Katie can be closer to an equal than anything. $B needs a conscious and someone who brings out his good qualities. That was my issue with the Brill, it was all physical or, at least, if felt like that was the only thing. There's something much deeper with Batie. I'm willing to give it a chance.

• Members

I liked them today. I've always thought they had major chemistry but I hoped they wouldn't let her go back to Bill if he was still doing the same [!@#$%^&*] to her. That dude will never fully change, and his overbearing hypermasculinity is an essential part of his character, but he does seem a lot more grateful for Katie in his life. Bill is a pig but he's her pig, and he's tamed by her. That to me makes it work.

I think I am back on the B&B train again for a spell - I've talked before when I last did a stint about how the probing, cyclical writing for the characters' private neuroses and impulses often really drives what should be repetiive or silly story. The old-fashioned character approach makes it work. Their approach is simple, elegant and obsessive, coring into the characters. And while that relentless focus on the same stuff isn't always my thing, the show's really pretty good at it. And it's great right now.

• Members

Maybe they're going overboard with Rick maybe not, what I know is that I'm loving every minute of it. On a show where men have been on the sidelines for entire decades, I feel that this time we have two strong males in Rick and Ridge, finally. And I'll take Rick any day over stupid-ass, ill-conceived Dollar Bill. I can't get past how utterly stupid that character is. I know he has a lot of fans, but I for one can't see what's so great about him.

I had to laugh when Katie said "Bill is at the mansion right now, I wouldn't want to be in Maya's shoes". Yeah, right. He just walked into the mansion, tossed a few pointless threats and that was it. Who would take him seriously, come on? I feel like he's supposed to be B&B's Victor Newman 2.0, but he'll never be for me. I like DD, but I'm not fond of his acting choices for the role. Okay, end of rant. LOL

Now, on to Ivy... Could anyone be more generic, bland and monotonous than her? I wonder if they even came up with some ideas for the character or just let the actress roll with it. Oh, and Liam and Ivy... talk about zero chemistry there. (end of second rant haha!)

• Members

Katie being a lapdog and doormat for bill..is an important character trait for katie. When the show started katie was insecure with acne who felt.inferior to Brooke and Donna. It stands to reason.katie would accept.being with bilk due to her low self esteem.

What I'd love is for katie to come to terms with the fact that she is no longer the acne prone teenager anymor..that she has bloosomed into a beautiful and successful woman as an adult. However, its difficult to do...

• Members

HU9tual.png?1

z2ys712.png?1

HuKqSEC.png?1

L3BeEzb.png?1

Its official! Brooke hates the Thot! I cant beleive ho answered the door wearing Brooke's underwear. Brooke put some feat into her eyes as she is NOT impressed by her ho tricks

sxAX1vy.gif

I swear Rick pointing his gun as he peaked through the door to aim was VERY reminiscent of JY playing the same scene on AMC in its finale. I just hope that Monday's show doesnt reveal this as a fantasy. What a letdown that would be. They need to have had him shoot that. Even if he doesnt hit them, thats reason for alarm and Id want Caroline and Ridge to press charges for attempted murder

• Members

Maya stands up to everyone but she seems to be afraid of Brooke. That's interesting!

Since the last decade, whenever Brooke has locked horns with someone you could always hear her voice having a slightly emotional, almost crying vein. This time was no exception. It's all begun when she became Saint Brooke, the poor misguided slut. I don't remember her being like this in the past. She could turn on the bitchiness instantly. I wish she could be that way again. I wonder if her new storyline will have her becoming an alcoholic.

The gunshots were obviously in Rick's mind. I don't mind it. I'm loving this story.

Liam and Ivy continue to have zero chemistry...

Some interesting trivia from today's scriptwriter:

I was a courtroom extra when Rick shot Grant. Had no idea yrs later I'd get to write Rick at it again

Pic here. And...

Archived