B&B - January 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
No one was questioning whether Rick has been out of line or not, but continuous propping leads to one thing, what you lined out with characters like Daniel, Jason, Sonny, Hope etc. And from what I've read coming up, more characters are going to get thrown under the bus to prop her. Its not like we don't know BBs history of doing this, and we all know where it leads. I like Caroline, I just don't WANT to dislike her, and when someone continually tells me how much I should like someone...I tend to not :lol:

Maya was NOT enjoyable during her selfless saint days, being picked on by the world and Caroline. It was once she became a thirsty thot and had everyone against her, that brought her to life. Not the best comparison, because Caroline was never dull...

Not gonna lie though, having Ivy in your corner, is going to make me dislike you. I'm tired of hearing her opinion on anything :lol:

• Members

I don't think you know what the word propping means, cause Caroline sure as hell isn't

Brooke? Yes, Hope, Yes, Steffy used to be. Liam YES

Caroline is anything but. I don't see people going around and singing her praises. Sure she has people supporting her, FRIENDS do that. Now if someone like Maya started singing her praises or Maya's sister or whatnot then yes it'd be propping.

• Members

The Brooke and Maya scenes were well done. Granted, it's Maya's side of the story but she did come off sounding like the innocent one. With Brooke's history, she's certainly been called the gold-digger (and worse) when she never felt she was so this will probably help get her on Maya's side.

I'm glad Rick actually fired the gun and it wasn't a dream.

• Members

I really liked the Brooke/Myrabella scenes. They have done an exception job since the reveal to (mostly) show that Myrabella is not some shallow twit. The way she was talking about things - totally sounded like Brooke's story! I wonder if Brooke's tear was because it was Ridge or because Caroline hurt her son...

Bless you B&B for NO DREAM. Yes, at Rick firing the gun. And, boy do LG/TK work well together. This story is probably the first time I've like the Ridge character EVER and I've follow-up B&B off-and-on since the first episode. TK was pushing a little OTT with the Rick scenes, but it WAS an OTT set of events, so that worked. And, oh, JY you just keep brining it and bringing it. B&B should be ashamed that they brought him back and mostly put him on the backburner for 3 years.

• Members

Thank god Rick shooting the gun wasnt a fantasy. Ridge and Caroline need to press charges for attempted murder. At the very least use it against him to try and oust him as CEO. I hated that Caroline stopped him

Dang, now Brooke is siding with Thirsty Thot

Liam and Ivy are so boring

• Members

i didn't think Thorsten would work as Ridge, but he has. It helps that he came in at a time which (in my very uninformed opinion) became a bit of a renaissance for the show. One wonders if his heartfelt, more visceral performance inspired Bell and the writing team, too.

That being said, when I take in the excellent production value, the half-hour format and TK, all I can think about is AMC 2.0 and that wonderful show, and his great work on it.

Liam and Quinn have always had chemistry. I'm surprised they haven't broken that seal yet. BTW, Zach Conroy is wasted.

• Members

Okay, I think we're in full Caroline propping territory. We know the history of the show. And we know they like their women blonde and not that tall (Brooke, Amber, Hope... lol). So, with Ridge telling her today how extraordinary she is, I am definitely worrying we are in for a different character singing her praises every day. What is reassuring to me is that

Color me pleasantly surprised the gunshots were not a dream. I could have done without Charlie and Pam, though. And I hope they'll mention Grant on screen to those who were not on the canvas back then, like Caroline.

Liam and Ivy are definitely boring, chemistry-less and Ivy is a non-character. But I didn't FF their scenes. Those were classic Bell soap extra-boring couple-scenes. Bill would always write things like this as a 'peace before the storm' kind of thing. And quite many of his couples were as dull as Livy. Feeling a bit nostalgic here. LOL

I agree with those who likened Brooke/Maya to Stephanie/Brooke. Especially how Brooke was dressed up to the neck was very un-Brooke of her, and very much Stephanie-like.

Archived