Y&R: January 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Both Abbys were/are very annoying.

There are so many seeds of good in the show - Hartley, Grimes, Gina T., etc. - amidst so many lame stories. Why do we care about Steve Burton speechifying about a damn coffee shop he has owned a year? Did GL's Fifth Street or whatever pop up overnight too when Jill ran the show, or was that later?

• Members

I thought mostly everyone looked very good for Joe's cocktail party, or whatever that was, especially Nikki and Jill. What I don't understand is why, all of a sudden, Kevin found out the truth and they spilled it all out within the last half of one episode. Hurry, much?

I couldn't care less if Dylan and Avery got ran over by a bulldozer right in the middle of the GCAC.

LOL at Kelly slapping herself and then pretending it was Phyllis. But what I don't understand is why McDonald chose not to show it at all, therefore creating an ambiguity over who is telling the truth. Unless it really was Phyllis and they got me good :lol:

I kinda liked Austin and Mariah looking at where they are in life right now. But then Kevin had to come and ruin it all.

Also enjoyed Summer and Jack having a talk, the nonentity that Summer is notwithstanding. And, hey, we had several more shots of Austin's triceps, so it was all worth it!

• Members

If I remember correctly, Fifth Street was around before JFP but under her watch, it was much more prominent. Those years are a little fuzzy for me, as I was stationed overseas, so if someone can check me, pls do

• Members

I just don't want one of the few, still-recognizable things about Y&R to be eradicated (at this point, we only really have the sets and some of the actors for that). Not that TPTB will ever let Dylan lose, even if he is going against Victor. Victor will find a way to win by losing.

As for the exterior shots... do they make anything look special? I've gotten used to them recently but, my God, are they completely stupid and fake.

• Members

I loved the Sharon and Chelsea scenes, MCE and SC have good chemistry. Does anyone remember those weird scenes back in the summer with them and Peter B at Chelsea's loft? All of the actors looked lost having to recap their current storylines to each other as if the characters were family or best friends.

Love Mariah, hate that she's stuck with Kevin all up in her storyline now.

Nick snooping around Sage and Adam is kind of alright, I guess they had to find something (and eventually someone) for Nick to do away from Sharon.

She was so weird. The Y&R casting choices back then were all particularly horrible.

• Members

Yes, Fifth Street appeared with the rise of the Coopers under Pam Long in the late 80s. Nancy Curlee--with JFP as EP in GL's early-90s golden era--was fond of the Coopers and really built up the Fifth Street crowd (adding Eleni, Buzz, then Lucy). Genius writer Patrick Mulcahey has talked about how much he enjoyed writing the Fifth Street/Cooper stuff and how GL had a real sense of community about it then. That same sense is missing now from Y&R, which proves that it is the writing, not the set, that brings characters together.

• Members

Cassadine we agree Eden was awful as Heather. She was awful from beginning to end. Just bad casting all around and I didn't love Landon she had no sex appeal. Vail Bloom deserves another chance. She had a huge cocaine problem is what people said but she's sober now and said she wants another chance. I would love Y&R to give Vail another chance .

• Members

I got the sense that the coffee house thing might be what brings Nick/Sharon to some understanding. Despite what is going on now, the history of that place and what it meant to them, could be a catalyst to legitimately get them out of the 'unreasonable' Nick corner that the character has been painted in.

Kevin/Mariah. I mind this much less than I thought. The fact that Kevin is using his actually history to help Mariah works for me. As a couple, after seeing Mariah/Austin, not a chance I want Mariah saddled with eunich Kevin. Friends, that's fine. A romantic pairing, no.

Yes, to Sharon/Chelsea. That was really great. And, despite the fact I'm thrilled with story, it has given us a chance to like Sharon again. At least, Sharon is fighting and making things happen in a positive way - not being written like an unhinged woman.

Archived