Y&R: January 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

I was not feelin the scenes between Phyllis Jack and Kelly today. This story has officially gone off the rails for me. I just can't.

In fact the entire episode was bad for me. Im fixin to stop watching this slop altogether.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In a weird twisted way, she'd have yet another thing in common with Sharon, although Sharon experienced the inverse, not following a certain course of medication being linked to her actions, while Phyllis' actions being the result of being given a certain course of medical treatment.

It might be interesting if this were indeed the case. Would Victor actually be forced to accept culpability for once? Would there be a grudging level of understanding between Phyllis and Sharon?

• Members

Right there with you. The worst for me is the Dylan/Avery/Joe/Victor stuff. It makes no sense to me, none of it. I don't understand why Joe is so bent on getting Avery back, the woman who cheated on him and dumped him for Dylan. Dylan and Avery have no chemistry and Dylan yelling at Victor seems so manufactured. At least they had Dylan standing on a stair or something so he wasn't gazing up at Victor like he was at Joe. Then Dylan gets robbed and beaten, ho hum. Why would you not just turn over the cash drawer? How much money could possibly be in there? As far as Jack/Phyllis/Kelly, I was fine with it until today when it really started to remind me of the other times Jack has been stalked by a jealous woman, at least three I can think of the last being Pattycakes. Do they really need to go there yet again? Don't care about Devon/Hillary/Neil or Chelsea/Billy/Victoria either. Shick's a fail, even SC and JM look bored. The only characters doing it for me right now are Ashley, Ben and Adam. Mariah, Summer and Austin are okay but have no decent storyline. For some reason they've removed Adam from GC and his family into a "mansion" with Sage, who after a couple of months still hasn't woven herself into any kind of interesting story. Trying to find something to engage with in this show is exhausting!

• Members
Exactly. The Dylan/Avery/Joe/Victor stuff is horrible. The reveal of Victor being behind the redevelopment happened way too soon and Victor offering to pay him off/ Crimson lights robbery was ZZZZZ and made no sense. They should have spun Joe off into Ashley or Jill's orbit. No one has EVER cared about Dylan.

The "which one is crazier" story with Phyllis and Kelly has been executed all wrong. If Phyllis is indeed sabotaging Kelly, Why? Jack is with her. If Kelly is doing these things, Why? Jack apparently has chosen Phyllis. It is complete trash. There's no logical reason for any of it. The experimental drug theory put forth for Phyllis is crap. She's done shitty things since day one without explanation.

IA the bright spot for me is Adam. And Mariah. But they're compelling characters stuck in ever more convoluted stories. Sage's reveal that her and Gabriel are married should have been done when he's on the cusp of reuniting with Chelsea. I dig Mariah's attitude but the story is shitty.

• Members

I'd say if it's Phyllis the reason is revenge on Kelly and maybe even Jack. She made some pretty outlandish comments awhile back about killing the person Jack was with, if she knew who it was. If it's Kelly, I'd say, it's just run of the mill stalker woman goes over the edge story.

I get why you are frustrated with the story. I don't mind that they are trying to make it a mystery myself. I just hope it makes sense, once it unfolds.

• Members

I think the beauty of this new Phyllis - I can't speak to her whole history on Y&R - is that you can never be too sure whether she is for real or a master manipulator, trying to drive the nail deeper. She fucked with Sharon the same way (who deserved it, IMO). I think Cady's Kelly has come off super-crazy for a few weeks, at least. And did she really drain that car or what? I can't recall that episode, I only pay half-attention to a lot of this show.

In any event, the story is interesting in that you think it could go one cliche but tried and true way (Crazy Kelly terrorizes Jack and Phyllis), or another that's different but a bit unnecessary to me (Phyllis does it all just to push Jack further away from Kelly), or it could be something entirely different. At least it's not the Nick/Sharon nonsense, where Sharon is entirely too casual about what she did to end their relationship, or Austin and Summer, or Dylan and Avery, or Joe Clark, or Chelsea and Reverend Kane, or Victoria and Stitch, or Kevin, or...

• Members

We still don't know for sure. I doubt it, personally. Phyllis's phone also ran out of battery life, I don't see how Kelly could have done that. If the phone had worked Phyllis would have called Jack and he would have gone to help her. It just doesn't hold water.

• Members

AND the reason for Phyllis driving solo - Summer's dress. If Kelly is behind all of this, how could she have caused that?!? <sigh>

The concept of the story that you, Vee and others point out sounds good. But I don't like the way the writers have executed it.

I'll watch today. Hopefully Adam and Mariah's stories will be on. The Dylan [&#33;@#&#036;%^&amp;*] is getting old.

• Members

Well damn, now I'm even more confused on who's really cuckoo for cocoa puffs. Did Phyllis actually use the blonde wig or did Kelly or someone else plant it is the question.

I'm surprised at the way they're writing Victor. He's just twirling his mustache for no real reason and people are actually calling him on it. With the Sharon story he was at least right in the end. I feel like we've got another Who Shot JR Victor story coming.

Avery and Joe have had the same scenes over and over again since he arrived, I'm more than over it.

• Members

And they're on almost everyday! Is there anyone that likes these two?

There was something about the camera shots in today's show that I really liked. Esp at the end when they panned to the wig in Phyllis' bag. Does it mean anything? Who knows. Now that Phyllis has gotten Jack to believe her about Kelly, seems more likely now that Phyllis is behind it all.

JH/Adam is just what I needed to make me pay attention to the show today. I'm looking forward to Sharon finally meeting him.

IA with Victor, detroit.

Archived