Y&R: January 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

Some body types have to work harder than others & are never going back to what they used to be, but he's not that bad. I'm guessing he's too self- conscious, which makes him super stiff, which makes the problem 10x worse.

Maybe Sharon Case can relax him. She's one of the best females on Y&R in love scenes because she's so subtle and everyone seems to flow naturally with her. Plus SB did have chemistry with her in their brief time together when he first arrived. If he could just loosen up ( anxiety medication could work), SC could easily get the rest done making them both come off sexy.. But it's not going to work if he's fully clothed. I saw the scene with Avery undressed and Dylan buttoned up tight and that was the worst. It made the both of them look ridiculous.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kevin and Mariah. She's younger than Lily. Ewwwww.

Who's the hot girl that threw herself at Devon? Why does Neil at 50+ want ANOTHER baby? Giving her hoing, I cant imagine this was Hilary's idea

I see Nicholas is still being Dickolas.

Nikki is STILL drinking? You've got to be kidding me.

Are they serious with Kelly? I wish we had seen Phyllis slap her. I cant stand that character. I have to say GT's hair was looking fierce and she owned the role as Phyllis when she went off on the twit.

So Adam really loved Chelsea? He wasnt with her just bc he couldnt have Sharon?

Its odd seeing Chelsea with Billy given how they started. Has Victoria reacted to this relationship? I cant imagine she'd be thrilled. Given that Chelsea is her son's bio-mother if she gets more serious with Billy then Chelsea will be back in Johnny's life as his mother

Abby continues to be insufferable.

Im not feeling Jill's extensions. Her hair is too thin. That length would look better if the hair was bigger.

The storylines on this show suck and the show feels very empty. The week's worth of episodes was a chore to watch.

• Members

Victoria seemed angry and jealous about the relationship at times, but I think she's come to grudgingly accept it. Same with Bill and Stitch/Victoria. I think the show is just ignoring the elephant in the room when it comes to Johnny. Victoria has expressed no concern about it.

The woman with Devon is a beard of sorts. Devon is using her to fool his (nosy) family into thinking he has another relationship, but it seems like he is starting to show some interest in her. Why Neil wants another child, I couldn't say. I guess when you marry a woman 25 years younger than you, dry.png you have to expect she might want to be a mother.

I think by the time Adam was "killed" we were supposed to believe he loved Chelsea and was over Sharon. That seemed rushed to me, but whatever.

• Members

Wow. Nikki looked fantastic as she confronted Victor in front of everyone and later at the house. They captured a bit of the Nikki of old with those scenes although, as always, they made their fighting short and Victor walked out on her so she could calm down. That assh*le didn't care that he placed a glass full of alcohol right in front of his alcoholic wife who also happens to be very upset. Ugh. Disgusting pig. No wonder Nikki took that drink. They really gotta stop with that.

Cane and Jill working together to get Chancellor. Of course. Why wouldn't Jill need a man to reach her goals?

I HATE that Nick got a cemetery scene and yet they had a throwaway line about Sharon being there earlier. How dare they not show us those moments? If you have ever (or for some reason, still) doubt the bias against Sharon in all the writing regimes following Kay Alden, here's even more proof for you. I just cannot believe that they didn't show it! Ugh. That being said, I liked Mariah's reaction to her gift and her storming out.

Austin and Summer f-cking at the bar. Eeeeeew. And of course Mariah would just talk in and kiss him.

I have, for some reason, enjoyed Michael's pigheaded stubbornness about getting treatment but I'm glad he's finally changed his mind. I wonder where else they will take this story now.

• Members

I wouldn't mind that happening at all. Crimson Lights has a huge history with the show and has been an important part of their lives (despite how weekly that side of the argument is being scripted because, again, it's left up to Dylan and Avery to carry it) and should never be disposed of. And, if it plays some part in bringing Sharon & Nick back together, or even to an understanding, even better.

• Members

I feel like I have seen that scene 1,000 times already. Didn't we even have a scene of Sharon at the cemetery just a few weeks ago? I can't even be sure because it all blends together. I can only speak for myself, but I have had enough. I thought it was best that they didn't show Sharon in mourning again. The scenes with her baking cookies were good enough, although I think the entire family should have focused a whole lot more on Mariah considering she's actually there and alive to celebrate the day with.

• Members

I don't think they need to do that. I like Chelsea fine enough as the shows cliche morally grey heroine. Not crazy about her pairing with Billy but I like when Chelsea's more manipulative con artist side is played up because of him. Her interactions with other characters like Victor, Sharon, and Jack is always interesting too, MCE holds her own better than most of her contemporaries have.

Plus Kelly/Cady McClain seems to be the first Pratt enlisted soldier on the crazy bus.

• Members

I don't disagree with you there. Cassie's death has been used, overused, and abused so much, it has almost lost all meaning (and it used to be devastating). However, if they're going to make such a big fuss over Cassie and Mariah's birthday, now is the time for a cemetery scene.

Mostly I'm just annoyed with their constant habit of skipping scenes, things happening off-screen, people talking about plot developments that happened, etc, that they've been doing. They only ever show something if it's their pets or if it will serve the plot.

But, yes, doing the whole cookie thing was nice and, under better execution, I think it would have come off better that they all got lost talking about Cassie and didn't appreciate Mariah, who was there.

• Members

Mostly I'm just annoyed with their constant habit of skipping scenes, things happening off-screen, people talking about plot developments that happened, etc, that they've been doing. They only ever show something if it's their pets or if it will serve the plot.

I'm with you. The most recent glaring example (that I haven't been able to let go of) is Kelly's supposed siphoning the gas from Phyllis' car, Kelly's ability to "de-charge" her cell phone and Kelly's ability to cause Summer's dress to be "too old" that led to Phyllis having to drive separate anyway.

I know we've discussed this but this story gap is really getting on my nerves, especially since it's caused the most recent fight among the two AND should have been our first glimpse into Kelly going bonkers. How much more effective would it have been if we would have seen her planning this from the get-go...replacing Summer's dress, the gas, etc? Argh!

Archived