Y&R: January 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

I'm sorry, but why is there always a random glass chilling in the living room whenever I catch a scene with Nikki? Victor shouldn't even allow liquor to be kept in the house unless it's locked away for company in a place he's only aware of. I mean, if Nikki's going to sneak it that's one thing, but this is not a liquor cart and decanters household.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Today's episode put me to sleep. Literally.

I agree that the reveal of Victor backing development project happened quickly. If it were so easy to figure out, why hadn't anyone done it before now?

Those "protesters" outside of the GCAC were pathetic.

OTOH, previews for tomorrow look promising.

• Members

Probably P.A.s who had better do as they're told if they want to keep their poorly paid and thankless jobs. I had to laugh when I saw the random floating signs just bobbing through the window. laugh.png

Are we watching the same show?ohmy.png I know I don't watch everyday but come on, now! What has Colin actually done in the past year that would make you such a think. Tristan is likeable but his character is flopping and has for some time now.

• Members

Not me, I smile every time I see Tristan Rogers him on my screen.

What do you expect? First we have MAB who's mission was to get rid of Jill/Jess Walton by disconnecting from her life, and then Jeanne Cooper dies before they can fix it. Recovering from all of that is going to take some time. Jill & Colin CAN bring plenty, but so far haven't been given anything to bring.

Jill is the only original character remaining on Y&R. She has ties to almost everyone, and everything, on canvas, add to that, Jess Walton is a fantastic actor. One of their best. It'd be silly for them to get rid of her as long as she wants to work.

And Colin, well he makes Jill smile. I think they are one of the best couples on soaps right now, despite the fact the writing for them has been all over the place.

The start of this Chancellor story has Jill acting more like Jill, and they are using her history, and Colin better, so maybe the writers have found what the way to go with them. Fingers crossed.

• Members

SHOCKER -- Victoria had nice hair on Monday's episode. But I just had to LMAO when Victor talked about Victoria having brought Katie to work. What work? She came into the office, spent the hour talking to Victor about personal things, picked up the baby from daycare and left. My, she must be tired. rolleyes.gif

Dear Lord save me but I REALLY liked the Sage/Gabriel flashback (which also had nice music). JH showed in one short scene how he can create a totally different character and his chemistry with KS was actually great!

I disagree that the land redevelopment project storyline is crap. It's not high art but it's a reasonably good, interesting story. The issue is that it's left to be carried by Dylan and Avery and not, like mentioned, Nick, Sharon, or any of the other longer-running characters. I mean, you just know something is not working when someone who's barely been on three months is more interesting than your lead characters. And, NBA, leave Crimson Lights alone or I will have to give you a big ole fashioned soap slap! :P

Wow, Avery looked terrified when Joe told her it would just be them and then locked the door. It came off as if he's about to rape her the way she overplayed it and they lingered at him locking the door. Dear God don't let them do that, please.

• Members

I don't think they will go the rape route. JC is over playing it. It's coming off as her fearing what he will do as opposed to her fearing what she will do. Which I think is what we are supposed to see. I think JFP is about to free up her boy from this lane pairing. Joe is Avery's consolation prize.

• Members

Victor is such an ass, poor Nikki. I'm glad Jill wasn't backing down and I'm looking forward to her and Beast Master teaming up to get Chancellor back.

Loved the Mariah & Cassie birthday material, even with Kevin's straggler ass butting in.

Summer and Insta-husband having sex at the bar was so so gross, they look like siblings. I'm interested in seeing what happens with Mariah kissing him. They need to cast Kyle already and get that quad going.

• Members

I caught Monday's show today after I woke up from watching today's show lol. But IA I liked those scenes too. I'm thoroughly enjoying this story and JH. I was a lil apprehensive about KS, after what some GH watchers were saying but so far I like her. I just don't want Sage as a permanent resident of GC.

I can tolerate the redevelopment story but IA with you that it would be better if they involved some characters we cared about. You would think that Nick and Sharon wouldn't have to rely on Kevin for an update on Crimson Lights.

Archived