Y&R: January 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

Agreed. They both can take a hike as far as I'm concerned.

Crapola. But thanks for the heads-up. I'm still mildly interested in the redevelopment story, mostly because I hope Dylan and Avery LOSE EVERYTHING! cool.png

Wasn't LML's Clear Springs a redevelopment story too? I wonder if JP is recycling (again).

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Dylan/Avery/Joe never made sense to me. Avery cheated on Joe and left him for Dylan and now he comes to GC and tries to get her back? Not buying it. He would have to have almost zero ego to do that and that doesn't appear to be the case. I really didn't like the fact that he lured her up to his suite and now has locked the door in an ominous way. I hope they're not going to do a rape/attempted rape scenario. Ugh.

IMO the actress that plays Sage is weak. She bores me to tears and now that Constance has passed away I wish Sage and the whole dusty old mansion would disappear. Constance was the only interesting thing about that plot point. Sage and Adam chatting about her supposed marriage to Gabriel was not riveting to say the least, just convoluted and dumb. It's not like Adam needs anymore complications to make his character interesting. Having Sage be married to Gabriel seems like a desperate attempt to keep Sage in the story where she's not needed and doesn't fit.

I think they keep him because IIRC he was bringing in the ratings with the stories they wrote for him at one time. People seemed to enjoy the rivalry/fist fights between him and Nick with Nicki on the sidelines and he did pretty well in the Chelsea/Dylan arc. So of course they dropped both stories and put him with Avery who's the Ambien of daytime tv.

• Members

She's already recycled bad writing, might as well complete it with the names!

This Jean P bashing is personal. IMO did u see last week's ratings? Her ratings have been so strong. Pratt loves Jean because she is a no nonsense no bs kind of gal and gets down to the nitty gritty. Jean even though not head writer anymore is the associate head writer as her influence is big in these Pratt stories coming up. Maybe her influence will bring out the best in Pratt

• Members

Justin Hartley is fabulous!. They hit more than a home run with that Adam re-cast, he's a Grand Slam in the World Series.

(For the first time since LML I'm interested in something besides a Chancellor story.) IMO He's "the one", the perfect actor, playing the perfect character, to take over as head of the Newman's and male lead of Y&R when Victor leaves.

That would be a twist. When Tristan Rogers was first cast thought we'd see him working with Victor much like "The Colonel" did back in the early 90s. Except since Colin was a mobster, (instead of a good guy like Scorpio) I thought he would do Victor's dirty work for him.

So far I don't think Colin would hurt Jill ( or betray Cane again). However I could see him making an underhanded deal with Victor for Jill and Cane to get CI. There is no way the writers are going to let Victor lose, so It would be the perfect way for Jill to have CI without Victor losing.

ETA: Just saw that Tristan signed on to Y&R for another year. YAY!

• Members

I just disagree, I think all are rational reasons. But the main one is Kay has had very little story with her "blood relatives" throughout her 40 years of life. Most of it was spent with anyone BUT "blood relatives". Jill, Nina, Phillip III, Christine, Billy, Rex, Kevin etc. etc. Heck there are too many to name. Kay's "blood relatives" didn't define her, when they were used , most of the time it was to drive story between Jill & Kay, not vice versa.

So I don't understand why anyone feels just because Devon is a "blood relative" he should automatically be connected to any story involving Katherine, or her property, after her death if it wasn't that way in life. So I disagree with the notion that Devon has a right to, or gets dibs on, everything that involves Katherine. Brock, Mac, & Tucker didn't have that right, so why should Devon?

Victor is different, he's always been about HIS family only. Whereas much of Kay's life was about Jill's family, she started caring about her's too,but that was later on, and that didn't stop her from keeping a firm hold/bond with Jill's offspring. Most people don't throw away their "adopted" children because a blood connection is found later on in life. Kay loved, looked after, and help raise Jill's offspring. She spent a lifetime caring about them. She wouldn't all the sudden have less love for them because Devon was discovered, because she didn't love them less when Mac was discovered.

• Members

Yep. It is all about the check at this point. He knows he won't be worked at a steady pace on GH. At least being on contract, he is contractually bound to a check & certain number of episodes a cycle.

But Colin is like Tucker to me. Both had potential to be formidable mate for Jill (or Ashley in Tucker's case) and business rivals to Jack AND Victor. Tying Colin to Cane and Genevieve was the first mistake.

Yes. This story is hot garbage. I was pissed that Joe even entertained them. I am so sick of this story. And it is stupid that the newbie characters (i.e. Avery, Dylan, and now Stitch) care more about Crimson Lights than the older characters do. Sharon or Nick, who should be front and center in this story, clearly don't give a flying f*ck. But can I blame them? This story is crap. Bulldoze Crimson Lights and move on. I hate that set anyways.

• Members

I'm a big fan, but time will tell if he has staying power.

As for Devon/Kaye, I regret that there wasn't enough time to establish their relationship. Not because of inheritance issues, I don't care much about all that. It's just they went to the trouble of making Devon related to Kaye and now none of her family is there to interact with him. It feels like a wasted opportunity.

• Members

I would have far less to say about your opinion on this if you would stop trying to rationalize it and say that you just want Jill to be Kay's heir because you just do. It's what you want because it is just what you want because you love Jill and want her to prosper and take Kay's place on canvas. And I can't argue with that because I want it too. But all this talk about what Devon doesn't deserve and shouldn't have just loses me.

Archived