Y&R: January 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

Thanks. This show doesnt sound good at all. Oh and a triple ugh to Kelly. She looks stupid acting all giddy about Jack. She and Phyllis fighting over him looks dumb as hell

And Avery can kick rocks too. Clearly she has an axe to grind with Sharon and she isnt hiding it.Girl, bye

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As I recall, at the time Sage was threatening Adam that he didn't have any family or friends to support him, that she was all he had, etc. I think that's what prompted him to go to Jack and it made sense IMO, given their history.

The blackmailing didn't enter the picture until after Jack had threatened to go to the police and/or Billy several times.

• Members

I don't argue that Adam going to Jack didn't make sense (quite the contrary, Adam turning to Jack was necessary for emotional, story and practical reasons: He needed a friend, the show needed someone for Adam to talk/have scenes with other than Sage and he also needed someone to use that can help him with his plan) or that the blackmailing wasn't well-founded. All I'm saying is that supposedly-dead, changed-his-face-with-plastic-surgery Adam threatening to go to the police about Billy shooting him (a year later, with no evidence in sight) doesn't hold water. It seems to me that Adam would get into trouble himself/have to answer a lot of questions first. I don't understand (well, I do, but you know what I mean) why Jack is allowing himself to be blackmailed by a DEAD MAN who threatens to go to the police. Do ghosts have rights?

• Members

Ahhhh I see. Yeah, that is quite silly I agree. biggrin.png The writers should have thought of a more believable construct for Jack to keep his secret. For argument's sake, I think that if Adam had proof that someone else caused Delia's death, along with their mutual disdain for Victor and some sort of plan for his downfall, would have been sufficient to get Jack to go along.

• Members

That could have worked, too! At the very least, they should have had Jack question Adam's logic and made Adam explain how something like that would work. Then it would be a little better and would have helped it work. As it stands, I can't even picture Jack's discussion with the police: "Hey, I know where the man who killed my niece is, and--oh--he also happens to be dead!" He'd be laughed right out of Genoa City. I'd love to see Adam appeal to Jack's darker, more vengeful, side.

She's already recycled bad writing, might as well complete it with the names!

• Members

+1 ICAM. If they would hire a competent writing team, this show would be awesome. Why they keep renewing SB's contract is beyond me. Every "story" they have given this dude sucks. Oh right - I forgot. He's a FOJ.

• Members

I liked the twist with Sage. Missed the last ep so just got caught up. I know KS bugs some people but so far I'm liking her on this show. She has the potential to really hold her own with some great potential rivalries. Looking at MCE and SC (Chelsea/Sharon).

The rest of today's ep was pretty boring for me. Victor/Victoria were such a snooze as are Dylan/Avery/Joe. The development story has such potential with pulling people in from all sides (Jill, Lauren, Victor, Nikki) but I've already grown tired of it. Just enough already!

Archived