Y&R: January 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Umm.... I didn't introduce Devon into the subject. Look at post #5, I was strictly speaking about Jill's story line and Devon didn't even cross my mind. The idea that Devon should be in Jill's story was post #16 by someone else. I've never made a secret of the fact I'd like Jill to fill Kay's shoes.

• Members

Wait a minute, this is a brand new account not a regular fan. Is the egg, @leeit2, really Eric Braeden too? LOL! It appears the account was created to publish that one tweet, and @EBraeden just happened to be the first follower and re-tweeted that tweet to the masses. LOL! tongue.png

Eric must be upset with SC about something.

• Members

Chancellor isn't Jill's company & she has no business trying to get it away from Victor OR running it without the help of Katherine's relatives (Devon, Mackenzie, Tucker) or one of the Chancellor heirs (Nina, Phillip, Chance).

Since she's independently wealthy & wants to be back in the business world again so badly let her utilize her decades of business experience & build her own company.

• Members

Of course I disagree. Phillip 2 married Jill on his death bed to provide for Jill & their child. She deserved Phillips full 50% after his divorce from Kay.

Even though Kay had the divorce overturned and marriage declared invalid, there is no question that it was Phillip 2's wish Jill should get his part of the estate Does Jill have a legal right? No A moral right? YES She was married to Phillip Chancellor 2, and bore his only heir. Chance wouldn't exist if Jill hadn't produced Philip III.And if Katherine really became a better person she would make up for her wrongs in life and do what is morally right.

Kay MURDERED a man. Yes it was meant to be murder/suicide but if one survives it is murder.. Katherine Chancellor profited handsomely from her murder by getting 100% of CI, not to mention the 100% of the full estate. She knew full well she was going against the man she murdered wishes back in the day.

The Will wasn't good for Jill but it's even worse for the memory of Katherine. Katherine never made amends for anything, not even the murder. She was an recovering alcoholic,they make amends. I would understand the current Will if Kay was portrayed as the same bitch she was in 1973 throughout her life. But supposedly she became the Grand Dame, the voice of reason,, a better person, and someone who loved Jill. Yet her Will not only seems to punish Jill, but all the other offspring besides Devon. He is heavily favored without explanation. Her great grandchild not even mentioned? It's like she had amnesia about everything and everyone in her life before the MAB writing team took over. It's a horrible, nonsensical, ending to her 40 year story.

• Members

So in other news, I actually liked that spooky old mansion stuff with Justin Hartley and Kelly Sullivan going over her past with his doppleganger. That reminds me of some of the old gothic stuff on various soaps and they both did well. When you keep Sullivan in line she's not bad, though she did have a few unnecessary Popeye tics here and there.

Archived