The Young and the Restless: December 2014 Thread

• Members

Tom wasn't great in the role but he had more to work with than Burgess, chemistry with MCE and his onscreen family being the main thing. I would have had him grow his hair out a bit longer, some more facial hair if he could and start an exercise program and some protein shakes so he could bulk up a bit. They should have stopped writing any and all whining scenes and kept him away from Victoria as much as possible until it came time for the paternity story to get in gear. In the meantime play up the fact that Billy's starting to mature a bit by working at Jabot and falling for Chelsea and keep him hanging with Jill and the other Abbot's.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Burgess is a fine actor. He is just miscast as Billy, and with Amelia, being miscast is more evident. Trying to find a match for a talking brick will always be a challenge! DT lost his job and Burgess will soon lose his, yet a complete bore like AH will continue on? Shameful!

• Members
But these interactions were not why they recast Billy right away. Victoria and that lame WTD was. So that was never going to happen.

Count me in as one who thinks Billy will be written out as soon as Adam is established. He probably would be gone by now if they hadn't built him up as some grande, eternal love for Victoria and centered so much of the show around them over the last 5 years.

I am interested to see what they do with Victoria after he leaves. Stitch is certainly not the answer. The actor is not good enough to be the lead it means to be paired with a Newman. And Heinle isn't interesting enough to have the stories centered around her Victoria.

• Members

JFP did not recast Joey when she was at OLTL; Don Jeffcoat played Joey for her entire stint there. She did recast Kevin with Timothy Gibbs, who was fine in the part, but I agree that the switch from Kevin Stapleton was unnecessary. I don't recall her recasting any other roles while she was at OLTL. I just remember lots of newbies.

• Members

My perfect Billy would be played by Josh Henderson. He nailed it as JR's son. Playful and charming but a little bit of a bad boy. Given Billy is Jill's son shouldn't he be a tad more mischievous? He would look like Jills's son too.

Jess & Josh scenes.............I would be in heaven.

• Members

Nick's attitude and behavior is abhorrent. What a dickwad. The way they're scripting Nick and Sharon's arguments makes them look so childish and stupid--but what else is to be expected from an Amanda L. Beall script? But God bless Sharon Case... she killed it during that ending speech when she said she couldn't face losing Faith too. The whole scenario is very clearly manipulative and obvious but, in that moment, you can't blame Nick for holding Sharon.

JH is really appealing as Adam.That doesn't mean all the horrible things Adam has done and the stories we've had to suffer through are erased but it's definitely a positive step.

• Members

I had to turn off Tuesday's Y&R after about 40 minutes. What a depressing episode1 Except for Ashley being sly with Stitch and Tobias, just a total downer! Regarding Nick- seriously, this is the man who was married to Red! At least, Sharon has a somewhat valid reason - not excuse - for what she did. But, Nick is being a beyond unreasonable, especially considering that Sharon has Faith STOLEN from her. I know they are trying to extend the story, but it is so one-sided against Nick, it's just difficult to watch. I hope they put an end to this or at least have Sharon blow the Newman family out of the water by exposing all sorts of dirty secrets, but even that would only make Sharon seem vindictive and petty, which she's not. Nick is cool with Victor being in his life and his kids life after Victor hired a doppelganger of his dead daughter (Cassie was always Nick's despite biology) and he can forgive that? That is far more heinous.

• Members

I don't wanna get my hopes up cause any type of revenge story that involves Victor always seems to end with him getting the last laugh.....it frustrates the hell out of me cause it shouldn't be that way and I'm done guessing if EB is behind some scripts being tweak so Victor never really has to pay for his actions......

But if all EB wants to do is just smirk and smirk away through his scenes so be it!.....

Archived