The Young and the Restless: December 2014 Thread

• Members

I'm still pissed that they tamed Hillary. This entire SL was a bunch of forced bullshit. If they wanted Devon and Hillary together, they could have done so with the two of them sneaking around with the rest of the Winters clan still pissed at Hillary for the stalking thing. Neil wouldn't have had to be dumbed down, Hillary would still be a smart ass and what little I initially liked of this story (Hillary vs. Lily) could have kept going.

I haven't seen today's episode, but it's about time Neil gets his sight back.

I really, really like the Winters as a family (Lily gets on my nerves) but this SL did them no favors. Why does every regime have problems writing for them? Ugh.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, those were nice scenes, honest and kind AND good soap since Nick and Avery won't approve.

It has always bothered me how quickly Nick and Dylan took to being brothers/buds, especially after all the drama between them when Dylan arrived in town. Maybe this will reintroduce some of that tension. I also fully expect Adam to come to Sharon's aid again out of his affection for her and his hatred from Nick.

• Members

What you list here is the story that should have been told and it was what this one started as in the beginning. But if they had continued with it, KSJ wouldn't have had the opportunity to see if he could make it work with the new black chick on canvas. And it's in his contract that he must have that opportunity. That's the only rational reason I can come up with as to why they told this story. Now why they told it this particular way is another conversation altogether.

• Members

It's really as simple as what you just proposed. Y&R didn't need a convoluted storyline with a dozen loose threads (that usually don't get tied up anyway), a simple sensible premise could have yielded lots of drama, if written well.

And if they wanted a triangle, instead of doing that stupid identity theft/fraud story (that went nowhere), they could've kept Mason and made it a case of Rich Man vs. Poor Man with Hillary conflicted between her growing affections for Devon and her sense of loyalty to Mason her partner through all her schemes with the Winters clan. So perhaps Hillary and Devon begin to see each other while publicly pretending that they cannot stand each other until they can no longer pretend (or are caught).

Like you said, there could still be a bitterness between Hillary & Lily and Neil could even be in the middle, possibly softening toward Hillary but sympathisizing with Lily's feeling and not wanting to aliennate his daughter.

The Winters would not be difficult to write good stories for, I don't believe anyone is too difficult to write a good story for, if you're committed to the task. Seems like there may be a lack of committment in regards to several characters on this show.

• Members

I am so oblivious to these contract issues (and the personality issues ie, SC above). So an actor's ego is the reason for this lame story. Lol

I like that you've thrown Mason into the mix. That would have been a good story to watch! ICAM with your observation regarding lack of commitment. These are professional writers (aren't they)???

• Members

I enjoyed most of the show today...

I'm thinking that Gabriel isn't where they believe he is. Sage is doing everything she can to keep Adam close and away from Genoa City. And I get the feeling that it's deeper than a romantic connection she may have had to Gabriel. In fact, I'm calling it now...Gabriel is/was Victor's son. I'm not sure how they will tie them together but this funky behavior from Constance and Sage has got to mean something.

It makes sense that Adam would reveal himself to Jack. I could have waited a little longer but it's cool. Tomorrow looks good, we will see his reaction. JH is such a good recast, and I like that he looks the part of younger brother to Nick and Vic. MM always looked too old, older than JM for sure.

Nick and Sharon were good today. I always liked them together but I like seeing them fight too. Nick was pretty harsh askin her if she was sick, manic again. Sharon said he's Victor's son, love it.

Billy/Chelsea/Stitch/Victoria was FF material for me. I would be more interested if a different guy was playing Billy.

Fen seems to crushing on Summer, but how can we get involved in this story when he's only on once a month? The first words out of Fen's mouth are always "I'm not here long" lol

• Members

I think so too, although I thought the show might "forget" how close Jack and Adam had been. I realized that wouldn't be the case a couple of weeks ago when Jack was talking to Victor and implied that he would have forgiven Adam for Delia. I was ready for someone to know the truth.

I thought the talk between Jack and Sharon was well done. Jack was pretty reasonable. He didn't berate Sharon, but he didn't let her off the hook either. I was expecting him to do so, just so the show could put Sharon/Phyllis in the same sphere.

• Members

You know I can't resist, right?tongue.png

Maybe one day at CL or somewhere, Mariah and Fen bump into each other and Mariah being friends with Fen's uncle and knowing about Michael's condition says some kind words that really reach Fen (somehow, for some reason). When Fen thanks her for not saying something clichéd, she mentions that she learned her lesson from her inadequate response to Kevin, so at least she improved on that. Fen, of course takes an immediate liking to Mariah which could develop into a crush.

During conversation (sometime soon) with Summer, Fen remarks on what a cool girl Mariah is after Mariah happens by (perhaps they even wave and smile in passing) which infuriates Summer, who proceeds to warn Fen about her. Fen, is coolly dismissive but doesn't speak further about Mariah, not wanting to offend Summer.

Through subsequent run ins and conversations, Fen & Mariah become friends and seem to become close. Lauren notices this and warns Fen (out of loyalty to Phyllis?) that although she doesn't want to judge Mariah, Mariah seems like she could be trouble and Lauren knows all about alluring redheaded troublemakers, as she used to be one herself. Fen assures his mother, he doesn't have that type of relationship with Mariah to be led into trouble. Lauren seems dubious but doesn't press the issue, especially since her primary focus is on Michael's treatment. Maybe Fen offers to accompany Michael to one of his treatment sessions and although both parents try to dissuade him, Fen argues that he can handle it as an adult.

He can't.

After seeing Michael at his weakest, Fen is shattered and escapes to the Underground where Mariah sees him and comforts him. She sees that Fen is a mess and lets him go upstairs to have some time alone and compose himself (not in those exact words, of course). Later, Mariah comes upstair to check in on her and Fen thanks her for the comfort and kisses her. One thing leads to another and to a ONS.

Later, Fen admits to Mariah, that it was his first time, which rattles her a bit. She tells him his first time should be with someone he loves and as Fen says he could be falling in love, Mariah stops him from finishing that thought.

Fen admits he thought his first time would have been with Summer but their relationship changed and had to change when she got married and he accepted it and is okay with it. Mariah is dubious but when Fen talks about how special this night turned out to be after the day was so terrible, Mariah just gives a half smile and embraces Fen and holds him in her arms.

Mariah & Fen spend the night in the upstairs room of the Underground.

They oversleep.

Of course the next morning, Nick is already at the Underground setting up for the day. Noah and Summer walk in. Summer wanting to see how her Dad was doing and if he needed any help. Nick noticing that Mariah is not there yet, puts Summer to work, sending her to fetch some receipt pads from the room/office upstairs.

Guess who Summer sees when she walks in the room?wink.png

Okay, that was really long. I might have to put these somewhere else so I don't get in trouble for hijacking threads.blush.png

Archived