The Young and the Restless: December 2014 Thread

• Members

Like even more! I don't think the premise is kooky at all - I've seen all kinds of infomercials claiming to do this same thing (don't ask! lol).

But the premise and structure here is, IMO, thoughtful and would provide for good story using the history of the show. This pathetic love potion stuff is the exact opposite!

wub.png

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Definitely Team Sharon. I was baffled that Nick is actually berating Sharon for being smart enough to get a good attorney so she doesn't lose custody of her daughter. Is he really that stupid to think she was just going to give up to the Newman's yet again without a fight?

• Members

At this point, I'm torn on the Nick/Sharon thing. I still believe Nick might come around before Christmas. If this were real life, I'd be hard pressed to trust Sharon to stay on her meds. However, she does seem pretty stable right now. I was proud of Noah for standing up for himself and refusing to get in the middle though. Sharon is wrong to try to put him in that position, whatever her reasoning. I also thought it was funny that Adam is already rubbing Noah the wrong way.

Victoria already thinking of going back to work? Please, that is just beyond ridiculous. How many times have she and Nick quit Newman? No board of directors on the planet would stand for this kind of instability in upper management. Now a week after giving birth, in the middle of the holiday season she's making plans to go back? So lame.

• Members

^^^ I was thinking the same thing when she said that. BTW, it's been awhile back (maybe last year or longer) that she was going to start her own business or something? I remember her and Nikki talking about it at her place. I guess that was dropped, but it was also a rolleyes.gif moment.

• Members

I sort of remember what you're talking about, but not in any great detail. I also remember she was going to start writing children's books at one point. It really bugs me how so many of these characters change jobs on a whim. It's so unrealistic. We are supposed to believe they are brilliant business people, but how? Why would any serious enterprise trust people who only stick to jobs for months at a time and quit when daddy hurts their feelings?

• Members

I was glad to see Jill today but her scenes with Billy and Victoria were bad. Why do they make her come off so petty? I get that she would want Victoria's child to be her granddaughter but to be so snarky and rude to Stitch just makes her look bad. Her scenes with Victor were much better.

I'm finding Joe to be obnoxious in every scene he's in. I know it's the writing but his stiff/smug self is wearing out his welcome.

Sage/Nick were strange today. If they are supposed to become a new couple, I'm not feeling it.

• Members

I liked Jill's scenes with Victor too. I wouldn't object to them revisiting her and Jack, we'd be rid of Colin and put him in a more age appropriate relationship.

Joe and Cane both sporting that slicked back hair style was weird. I'm not that intrigued by him or his fascination with Avery. How do they expect us to care about a relationship that we didn't see? I FF all of Avery and Dylan anyway. This is like the third time all of her conquests were in the bar with her too...

I hope they don't set up Sage and Nick. I didn't feel it either from their scenes today. I don't know why she didn't just take off, but it's a soap so that's why. Lol.

Adam was good today too. The elevator scene was brief, but I felt the tension between him and Victor. I didn't realize how tall JH is until he was in the park.

All in all, an ok episode.

• Members

Jill definitely should be placed more in Victor and Jack's orbit, she should be smack dab in the middle of things. Her scenes with Victor were intriguing and effortless, it even made Victor tolerable to watch. Jill should've already been back at Jabot because there is at least some actual business taking place. I don't know what is going on at NC.

There's speculation that Joe may be doing Victor's bidding undercover. I don't know whether any of that is true but if it is, Joe needs to double cross Victor by revealing himself to be one of those activist investors who, on the sly, has bought up enough NC shares and rallies the board to force NC to sell off its assets or break up the company, mainly a separation between Newman and Chancellor Industries. Now would've been a good time to do that since who is really running Newman full time right now? If they're going to make Joe a shark make him into one who has actual teeth. Jill could also be involved here too.

So many possibilities for Jill. Le sigh.

• Members

There's something about the whole stop the redevelopment story that's lacking and Joe being front and center in it can't save it. Throw in Lane and Davery and it's ff material for me. IA with your whole post Melroser.

On Vanderpump Rules today the woman that played the original Heather (and had super hot chemistry with original Adam, Chris Engen) was on and is apparently working now at SUR. In her talking head she said that she was on Y&R for three years and towards the end got into drugs and hard partying. I guess that explains what happened to her employment on the show. She says she cleaned up her act. Tomorrow night, Tuesday, Eieen Davidson is going to be on Real Housewives Beverly Hills talking about Y&R and she specifically mentions the shower scene with Stitch. There looked to be some BTS stuff of her filming although I can't be sure.

Archived