The Young and the Restless: December 2014 Thread

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Loving Tognoni as Phyllis! The scene where Phyllis confronts Jack about sleeping (and moving in) with Kelly while she was in a coma were nothing short of wonderful. Now if only the rest of the show could follow suit.

• Members

The thing people forget is the entire show wasn't written from Roger's point of view. Other characters were not compromised to make Roger work. He also had his original run, then was gone for nearly a decade when he came back.

Soaps have had many successful anti-heroes. But they used to ground them and other characters were given a point of view.

Adam has done so many terrible things. It's hard to root for him at this point.

• Members

Run Sharon Run! That's the guy that ripped your baby out and gave it to Ashley! Stick with Nick.

I'm loving Hartley as Adam, but I don't want to see Adam anywhere near Sharon. There are way too many other people on canvas he should and could be with.

GT is great as Phyllis...Michelle who?

Now if they could lose some of the dead weight:Noah, Victoria, Dullan, Avery, Cane, Sage, Kevin, Abby, Grandpa Billy.....

I'd like to see SSH drop by to support Lauren along with Jill, now that the cancer has been revealed. After Kyle's recast, it would be nice to see an adult Scotty arrive to fall for Mariah.

• Members

To each his/her own, but beside the crime they committed, they were different. Todd was a sociopath. Roger was a schemer that liked to capitalize on incidents that would put him in power positions in the workplace.

And I didn't get to see GL during Roger's original run as I wasn't born till '88. I did (as a child) get to watch him throughout the 90s, and I think he repented for his actions numerous times. Holly forgiving him made it easier for me accept and love him.

Seeing as you put it that way, I could understand it. But for me personally, I loved Roger b/c of MZ and Nancy Curlee and her writing team.

• Members

I enjoyed yesterday's show. SC looked beautiful, I'm on the fence about pairing her up with Adam. I liked their interaction at Crimson Lights, and Noah's reaction to it lol. I feel RA could work if they'd invest in his story.

Loved Ashley as always. I'm interested in what she'll do now that the mole has been discovered. The writers didn't need to come up with a ridiculous story to work espionage into it though.

Ashley's discovery, Adam/Victor and Nick/Sage (I hate that name) will have me recording Mondays show for sure. I know that there are a lot of problems with the show, but I'm enjoying watching some of it. The other parts I FF through.

So, I was watching with a friend yesterday evening. The characters that he attracted his attention were Noah, Adam and Sharon. He has no idea the story but when one of these were on screen, he was asking what's up with them. That's a perspective from someone with no history with Y&R. Victor (weird and old). Lol

• Members

Anything would be better than the whiny brat that she comes off as. The red really doesn't work for her. I doubt they could get rid of King after the Muhney incident, so we'll be stuck with her for a while. For a rich girl with a good lookin' hubby, you'd think she'd at least smile once in a while!

• Members

Also, Tognoni has been far more successful on Y&R than Stafford has been on GH. Anyone who disputes this doesn't exist to me as far as I'm concerned.

Stafford has taken her worst acting tics from Y&R and amplified them by a million on GH. She doesn't fit that show, but has the soap press machine and terrible regime at GH covering her ass at every move.

Archived