The Young and the Restless: December 2014 Thread

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think she plays snarky wounded edge very well. She did well with Kelly's vulnerability, but Kelly didn't have the underlying bitch streak of Dinah or Phyllis. I think it's that streak in times of pain that made her portrayal of Dinah, and now Phyllis, electric.

• Members

I love Cady McClain to death but she doesn't belong on this show and she looks horribly out of place everyday.

I didn't expect GT to work on the show, especially with that dumb intro but she is an absolute powerhouse. She may be coming on even stronger than she initially did as Dinah Marler. I think it's less that Phyllis is too hard now, and more that they have an actress who is not afraid to not be the heroine and doesn't need to be the be-all end-all love goddess to every man on the show. This is the first time I've taken that character seriously as a threat or a real troublemaker in years.

• Members

Yes to both of these posts.

I thought today's show was good. I had to LOL when Kelly took that rose out of her desk drawer and - oh so dramatically - dropped it in the trash can! That red lipstick does CM no favors. She's so fair skinned, the lipstick looks horrible on her.

Another LOL was Mariah "that's usually the next stop on the friendship express"! I like CG and that her character - or the way she's playing her - has an edge. And Kevin is ok to me. I'm not sure about this pairing, but he doesn't annoy me like some others.

The new Billy (forgot the actors name) delivers all of his lines so...plain. Whether he's talking about how much he hates Adam, or misses Delia, or loves Chelsea, it's all monotone. There's no feeling there for me.

And I am completely, 100% into JH/Adam. He's just mesmerizing and captures all my attention when he's on. The previews look good for tomorrow's show!

Nit-picking now, but these writers come up with bad names for their characters. Mariah. Sage. Austin. Ugh.

• Members

I've never thought of Kelly as a long-term addition to the canvas, and I feel bad for CM, who has been given weak story, not to mention huge shoes to fill. I bet Pratt offs her early in 2015 (I still think she killed Delia) but not before she torments Phyllis and Jack. Pratt likes his psychos so this may make for some good soap.

GT is so good and brings so much to the part that any criticisms against her are just carping. I agree that she's harder than MS' Phyllis. But I think you're right, Vee: GT is less interested in being paired with the new hot stud on the show (read Peter Bergamn's recent TV Guide interview re MS) and more about material she can sink her teeth into. As good as she is, she's still learning the role and tweaking it, I'm sure. In a year (or less), she will have nailed down every nuance of the character and made it hers. I hope Y&R pairs her with a partner in her age range (not PB) and of her caliber (not JM) and really lets her fly (JH perhaps?).

I've never thought of Kelly as a long-term addition to the canvas, and I feel bad for CM, who has been given weak story, not to mention huge shoes to fill. I bet Pratt offs her early in 2015 (I still think she killed Delia) but not before she torments Phyllis and Jack. Pratt likes his psychos so this may make for some good soap.

GT is so good and brings so much to the part that any criticisms against her are just carping. I agree that she's harder than MS' Phyllis. But I think you're right, Vee: GT is less interested in being paired with the new hot stud on the show (read Peter Bergamn's recent TV Guide interview re MS) and more about material she can sink her teeth into. As good as she is, she's still learning the role and tweaking it, I'm sure. In a year (or less), she will have nailed down every nuance of the character and made it hers. I hope Y&R pairs her with a partner in her age range (not PB) and of her caliber (not JM) and really lets her fly (JH perhaps?).

• Members

I'm no fan of KSu, but she is less irritating here than on GH. I hope there's no long term plan for her.

Austin has a great body, but the delivery of his lines reminds me of a claymation character. It just seems like he just has one expression.

GT and CM's confrontation scenes were good. It's about time CM's Kelly started fighting back. I wish CW were still in the role, but CM's Rosanna had some fire, so hopefully she'll infuse that into Kelly.

• Members

I liked Phyllis's confrontation with Jack today as well. When MS was playing Phyllis I never really totally understood what her motivations were but with GT I get that Phyllis feels betrayed by Jack's relationship with Kelley even though she was in a coma. It's not totally rational but GT managed to convey the hurt very well and I empathized with her. Maybe this is the deep psychological writing of which much has been said lately.

On the other side of things, Billy and Chelsea today in the park were just insufferable. Burgess is such a block of wood that it's like Melissa feels she has to up the bubbly sparkly quotient to the point where it looks completely forced and fake. It reminded me of the scenes with Heather #2 and Ronan when they also were trying to make something out of nothing by frolicing in the snow and making snow angels. Both major fails imo.

• Members

If Pratt is smart he will ride the money out of this triangle. The most dynamic chemistry has come from these three. U guys don't give cady enough credit she's a two time emmy winner who has dynamic chemistry with Gina. For these scenes to work there needs to be chemistry between the two actors. She wasn't really given anything until now.

Archived