The Young and the Restless: December 2014 Thread

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, it's a shame CW booked another gig. I like her a lot too. But I'm enjoying Cady's take on the character and since it's not a choice between CW and CM, I will just continue to enjoy her. It is very different, but it works for me in this story. And I disagree that Cady's Kelly is a blubbering idiot. I thought her response to Phyllis yesterday was very good. I was glad she stopped just taking Phyllis's crap and slung a little back. I felt her fury. So I like the work that Cady is doing. I'm sorry that CW wasn't able to stay on, but since she had a better offer, I'm glad Cady stepped into the role.

Phyllis was always one of my favorites and I hated Sharon. Now it's like someone flipped a switch. While I will never love Sharon, I can tolerate her in this story. I do feel for her, but I'm tired of seeing her act like everyone should just forgive her because she was sick. It doesn't work like that. She caused a lot of people a lot of pain, and even if they could understand that she wasn't totally responsible, they are still hurting because of her. At the very least that would create resentment.

And Phyllis's complete disregard for anyone else doesn't seem entirely true to character IMO. She was always self absorbed but they've taken it way over the top IMO. And Gina plays that aspect of Phyllis's character with a very hard edge. It's really hard for me to like her.

• Members

Cady's caterwauling at the top of the show is just <ugh>. I just can't stand her. And this entire silly "confrontation" could have been avoided if Jack would have just told Phyllis what was up while she was laid out. There's no logical reason for him not to. But we've talked about that before...

• Members

I guess the whole reason they didn't have Jack actually come out and tell the truth was so we could have this confrontation. Again, I really think it did Phyllis no favors. She should have been confronting Jack about his lies rather than Kelly about taking advantage of poor vulnerable Jack. I would have rather seen that.

• Members
Gina can play vulnerability very well, and while I am enjoying her as Phyllis, the writers/directors are going to have to allow her those moments. She can't continue to be mad at the world or most people will simply stop caring about the character. She's gotten her "revenge" against Sharon and now this silly rivalry with Kelly. Over Jack. Gag.

Archived