The Young and the Restless: December 2014 Thread

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He's so clearly trolling because he knows saying people don't get it is getting under people's skin and getting him the attention he so desperately craves. No one could seriously think Y&R is over anyone's head. Anyone who thinks Y&R is deep has been playing in the shallow end a little too long.

• Members
Oh, I understand. Wasn't trying to call you out specifically, just hoping if everyone stopped maybe it would stop but it probably wouldn't. I personally have him on ignore and then I see his trolling in quotes, etc. I guess I could stop reading this thread, but I do to keep up with the show and love the comments in here so I don't think I need to stop reading it just because he wants to keep repeating the same thing ad nauseum.

• Members

I can't believe they wasted those three like that, specifically Tyler. I mean actually I can but they were showing such promise initially and Tyler had massive hype. They've spent all this time still trying to make Dullan, Stitch, Kelly, Collin, and those dud recasts unfortunately still around from when JFP first joined (I'm looking right at you Abby & Noah), but gave up on the black folks after a couple of measly tries.

Leslie was Neil's first pairing since Karen that actually worked and they go and trash it so KSJ can get first taste of the new black woman on set? Serves his ass right that he has to play the blind chump to Devon's leading man. Well, as much of a leading man an actor can get in the "black storyline". Angell Conwell has a sitcom on Bounce now so good for her.

I'd like to send a sincere !@#$%^&*] you to the crazy Lane fans for killing Tyler & Lilly when that was the most interesting stuff that character has had since Davetta Sherwood. I hope she ends up screwing Joe's white ass and screws him good for months, leading to her and Cane breaking up or him dying and being written off the show alongside his useless dingo daddy.

I liked Tyler and Abby but Melissa Ordway has anti chemistry and should only be playing the foil to a relationship. That Mariah crap before her reveal as Cassie's twin was horrendous, and while Redaric and Camryn looked odd together there was some believable chemistry and untapped potential IMO. He's another one who could be playing the material being handed and creepily wasted on Kevin but instead they just shipped him off like they do all the non Winter black characters.

Mason's actor wasn't too great but he had potential as a scheming con man/gold digger. So many places they could have gone with that but instead, to the corner he went.

It always happens but the waste of these characters feels even worse because they actually had potential and were working! But of course the usual politics won out once again.

• Members

laugh.png I'll agree with you there. Colin is one of my least favorite characters and Cane is a nonentity.

I have to disagree on Tyler though. Redaric and Melissa Ordway were a screen match made in hell. Neither of them can deliver lines naturally. Abby needs a recast or to be sent out of town for a good long time. Redaric is hot, no doubt about that. Maybe they should have invested more time in him and given him some time with an acting coach or something. IDK, but nothing jolts me out of a scene faster than being able to feel an actor trying to spit his lines out. MO ruins most of her scenes for that very reason.

• Members

Completely disagree. Cady is doing a fantastic job. She plays Kelly so different from Rosanna or Dixie. Dixie was the ultimate heroine and Rosanna the ultimate bitch. Kelly is like the damsel in distress but Cady played it so well so finally came into her own in the role. She's a great actress.

• Members

Cady McClain sucks donkey ass in comparison to Cynthia Watros, who played the hell out of every little bit they gave her and made Kelly a realistically damaged character with bite. Even her body language was fascinating and delicious.

As soon as Cady turned up the character became a saccharine blubbering idiot creaming herself over Jack because of some lame movie lines and weak classical music references, they're scenes are nothing but cringe. She's doing better now that they're writing Kelly as an out and out mess but she's still horribly miscast and needs to go. Someone like Kelley Menighan Hensley would have been a much better choice. Hell, if they had to bring fauxFake Coward on she would have made more sense too.

Archived