The Young and the Restless: December 2014 Thread

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Libidizone, the story where people were drugged into getting horny and having sex without their consent (which was done as comic relief)

Gillian getting shot in the head with Leo literally kicking down her hospital room door so he could get Ryan to give her heart to Laura

Gabriel, a young black man, being locked in a cage for most of his life. I think he was called Dogboy too, although that may have just been an awful fan nickname for him.

And IMO before she went the writing was dropping major hints about pairing him with Bianca.

• Members

OK. Thanks for refreshing my memories. Yeah I was not watching at that time and thank God. I watched a few of these [Libidizone/Gillian dying] on YT. I was not impressed at all.

But those examples of what stories she created just solidifies why I feel that JP is a hot ass mess. And didn't Bianca not too long ago come out before the libidizone crap? So was Jean trying to undo Bianca being gay? Chile.... I'll take loony Babs & James torturing Carly, Emily, and Rose any day over this mess you listed.

And wasn't Gabriel a Devane?

• Members

Hey y'all. Formerly Greg's GL here, had to get a new username cuz I couldn't remember my old sign-in.

Anyway, count me in as loving the new Adam. I never did like MM in the role so I'm pleasantly surprised how much I like JH and his story. I only watch a couple days a week right now, and a little fuzzy on what happened to the real Gabriel. Every time Constance is on, I'm completely engaged.

GT is a good recast too. If I recollect correctly, she initially played Dinah on GL with the same intensity, mad-at-the-world attitude. She's had some moments of vulnerability for me though. I just don't want them to write Phyllis like they were before MS left, the character should have an edge.

I think Joe or Adam would make a good pairing with Sharon. Just not Dylan. He and Avery need to shipped off to never never land, pronto. They are completely useless, IMO.

The last thing I'll say (for now) about the show is that i loathe those exterior shots they are doing now. Like that high rise Jabot building the other day! It was never how I pictured Genoa City or Jabot. Hate it. JFP did similar stuff with GL, turning my imagined small town of Springfield into a booming metropolis. Boo!

Look forward to chatting more with y'all about the show. :-)

• Members

Thanks Julia, that helps! Good to see you're still around, I used to like your insight on Y&R, look forward to more of them. I was skeptical when I heard about the recast cuz I liked CE so much and MM so little, so far this guy is good!

• Members

OMG, these were actual stories that someone wrote and put on air for people to watch??ohmy.png

Yes to this! I compare Y&R's exterior shots to B&B and can't help but wonder what the problem is? There has got to be some decent HD quality stock footage somewhere at Sony. Then again, Sony is having some problems of their own.

Last year, I got to see the first ever episode of Y&R and I think those exteriors were of better quality than what the show has nowadays.

Archived