The Young and the Restless: December 2014 Thread

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the Y&R production crew has done a good job creating a holiday atmosphere for the show. I like it.

I felt bad for Billy and Victoria. Christmas must be a terrible time when you've lost a child/step-child. I thought they did a good job of acknowledging Delia without letting it overwhelm the episode.

It's always good to see Ashley. Victor is a jerk for sending a corporate spy after her. I hope he gets caught and prosecuted again. This time Abby can be the one to turn him in.

Glad that Adam has finally made it to GC. Watching Hilary trying to chase Gwen from Devon was pretty fun. Gwen was not catching the hint.

• Members

Note to SB and JC, if you want to see how a sex scene is done, check out today's show. Cougar Ashley, getting hot and wet with Stitch in the shower was fab. Okay the kissing wasn't all that convincing but SC upper body is fantastic and the way he grabbed Ashley and pulled her into the shower was all kinds of soapy, love in the afternoon goodness. More please!

I love any scene Adam is in but Chelsea and Billy just aren't doing it for me. I feel like it would have been much more painful for Adam to see Chelsea with Dylan, the guy that thought he was the Dad of Connor, delivered Connor and loved Connor than with Billy. I think Adam would have really been upset about that while with Billy it's just kind of disturbing to see his wife with another man and a dipshit like Billy. So, so far the Adam return has fallen a little flat for me. Relatively speaking that is since Adam is more fun to watch than just about anybody else on the show. Except today with the shower scene. Yikes.

On a picky note, I wish they would use the outside winter scenes to showcase some cute boots and skirts on the women. Kelley walking in the park with 4 inch pumps on looked not only like an accident waiting to happen but freezing cold as well.

• Members

The thing about this it's not trolling it's called speaking truth. I think u all have downgraded Jean she's been around a long time and hugely respected. I am glad to see the debate though. It proved nobodies perfect. Jean and Shelley should win the emmy best writing. If they had let Kay Allen come back she and Jean would tear it up.

• Members

She's a shitty HW, she has decades of experience being a shitty HW and they fired her from that position, Jonny.

It's not "speaking truth", it's only your opinion. People do not and will not agree with you and there is nothing you can do to make how you feel into the truth. If you are an adult and rational and un-impaired, you know that difference. So please stop trying to pretend otherwise.

• Members

Victor really needs to be back burned.....like literally just show up for family stuff, and not have anything to do with meddling with family or business.....Eric Braeden admitted himself it doesn't bother him if he doesn't have a story so, there really is no point of having someone spy on Ashley, especially if he's just gonna get his way anyways....

• Members

I'm tired of Victor constantly meddling as well. It's old and tedious. For someone supposedly of his stature why would he feel so insecure that he has to meddle in everything to feel like he comes out on top? If he were truly as powerful as he thinks he is nothing that Jack or Ashley could do at Jabot should worry him.

Now that Adam is in GC I just hope that his identity isn't dragged out for months. I can see until Feb sweeps...but I hope not any longer. I want to see JH interact as Adam.

• Members

Yup, IA. February will give him a couple (hopefully) good months of masquerading as "Gabriel" before his identify is revealed, which should be plenty of time if the writing supports it. Sage can go away anyday now as far as I'm concerned, but I hope they find a way to keep Constance around. The character facinates me, and SK gives off a spooky vibe lol.

I wasn't watching when Chelsea showed up, so when I watched Friday, I didn't know that Jeffrey was her father. It was the first I had seen the two of them together sharing a scene and my initial thought was a "WTF" moment. So either they haven't shared screen time together in months, or I simply didn't watch the days that they did. I don't even recall them interacting when Chelsea was in Dylan's orbit.

I'm still not feeling the new Billy.

• Members

Today's episode was so damn boring. Mid 40's Chris is pregnant after trying for like a month? Total waste of potential drama.

Austin/Summer so boring. Phyllis is definitely off her rocker.

I've really come to hate Stitch. I can't believe Victoria is settling for him as if he and Billy are the only men on the planet.

• Members

No, it doesn't. That was years ago, Jonny. That show is cancelled. She has been dismissed from her current job. Thanks for making my point for me. You do understand that that was the past, right? Not the present? And that when certain awards circuits are closed off and biased, plenty of hacks are awarded for bad work when the talent pool is extremely limited? Just like many other soap hacks have also won those same awards?

• Members

Case in point: Bob Guza, Megan McTavish, Dena Higley, etc. have all won that award. Are they all great? Because writers only win awards because they're good, right? Not because the talent pool is small and incestuous, and full of hacks who will award other hacks?

Take your time, Jonny, I await your answer.

Archived