The Young and the Restless: December 2014 Thread

• Members

Yes Austin and Summer are boring.

Why hate on Stitch?? And Victoria the bitch deserves nothing…she kept playing both guys with her pity party….I am so sick of Victoria. I would love it if they wrote her sorry ass off the show.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Mostly, I just don't care for the actor. I don't mean personally, of course. I just mean his persona. Second, it annoys me that he didn't tell her he screwed Ashley the night before. He's going to hide it, then it will all blow up in his face. They weren't together when he screwed Ashley, so why not just come out with it right then and there?

• Members

This whole plan to keep Phyllis in the dark about her year away makes no sense except as a lame dramatic contrivance (same with Michael's secret cancer). It would make more sense for the family to want to catch her up on events so that she could rejoin their everyday lives as soon as possible. This is a way to trickle out the drama, I suppose, but it feels so false.

At least, per the previews, Phyllis and Kelly are having it out (round one?) tomorrow. But why two attractive, 40ish women are cat-fighting over a wimpy, doughy, late-middle-aged man is another mystery. They need to make like Ashley and grab a hottie, not a daddy.

And yes, Summer is a whiny little s#!t who needs to experience some serious soap-opera suffering.

• Members

Both y'all make good points. While I am enjoying parts of the show now, these "secrets" are big problems. There's no logical, organic reason why the characters would not share this information as far as I can tell. Phyllis was comatose for a year. The way they are writing her - apparently she feels all living should have stopped while she was knocked out - doesn't make sense. Phyllis is self-centered but please.

Lazy writing? Lol

• Members

Yes, I'm positive that's going to come into play. A few weeks ago Summer was saying that Phyllis wasn't acting like herself too. I think they are setting the stage for February sweeps. Then when some drama happens Jack and Victor can run around blaming each other again. dry.png

• Members

I remember that too, but didn't the dr only tell Victor the drugs were experimental? Or is that common knowledge? What I don't recall is Jack telling his family to withhold telling Phyllis what's happened over the past year because of the drug cocktail and her fragile mental state...

• Members

Well, I agree with this. I posted some time ago that he should've been more involved in the feuding between Mariah and Summer, possibly by becoming friends with, infatuated by and then lovers with Mariah (even if it's temporary). Y&R should've let Fen mature, instead they made him more asexual (like some sort of Peter Pan)than anything else. Seeing him on other shows demonstrates that he could be more than what Y&R is allowing his character to be.

Archived