The Young and the Restless: December 2014 Thread

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I adore Justin Hartley as Adam..Whoever dressed Gina (Phyllis) yesterday has no idea how to dress that woman..MS would have looked great in that grey dress because she has the shape for it..Gina does not..she is small on top and has large hips and I could barley look at her yesterday..before that they were dressing her fine and she has great legs...

• Members

I agree about the grey dress. I found myself watching the dress and not the actress. Michelle's Phyllis always reminded me of person that was off her meds, like she had serious mental problems. Gina actually defends why she does what she does and seems quite rational about it. I'm loving the new Phyllis.

Once again, I just don't buy Cady's Kelly. Her needy emotions and schoolgirl attitudes do not fit the character. I can't believe they let her on the set with those RED lips.

• Members

I just remember DC trying to warn GH that Michael Fairman was a "Judas" on social media after they saw him cameo at the Nurses Ball, while also doing press for Prospect Park.

I think most online journalism is a pretty sad subculture to begin with, but soap people take it to a weird new level.

• Members

I used to respect Michael Logan more, but his worship of everything Cartini, especially the work of his Twitter bud RC, leads me to question his tastes and motivations. GH has its moments, but Logan's over-the-top praise of it on Twitter ("BRILL!" "Emmys to everyone!" "Best eppy since BJ's death!!!") discredits him. And he seldom mentions Y&R unless there is news of, say, a recast. (I think he's afraid to praise GT for fearing of pissing off one of his last his legit contacts, Michelle Stafford, who can do no wrong in his eyes. Just my theory, though.)

Still, Logan's better than Nellie Branco and Jamey Giddens, who have few real critical skills and inevitably turn the focus of their "reviews" to the beefcake onscreen.

• Members

Cricket can still have babies?

I find it hard to dislike Adam in his latest incarnation. I guess I really don't have much of a reason to thus far. I'm not a faithful viewer, but I am familiar with the character's past deeds and the controversy surrounding the actors who formerly portrayed him. I think they waited the proper length of time and selected the right actor to make this work. As far as I'm concerned, they could do a 360 with this guy at this point. If they wanted to. At least soften the character's apparently irredeemable edge, like what I understand OLTL aimed to do with Claire Malis as Dorian.

Archived